What is the most desired flooring at the moment 2013

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by DMTarmey, Oct 18, 2013.

1. DMTarmey

DMTarmey New Member

I have been fitting and restoring wooden floors for a long time, but am looking at training to do others flooring types, what is the best flooring type to add to my skills, and which product command the best fitting changes.

Darren Tarmey
    www.woodenflooringsales.com

2. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Lvt buddy on both counts

3. Nk1

Nk1 Well-Known Member

Personally for me, I find it very hard to push lvt. The Feed back I've had from customers is, if I want wood ill have wood, not plastic that looks like wood but Some of the guys on here do amazing lvt work and im sure earn some good money, but my business is basically carpet, carpet tiles, not really laminate, some wood, Some Safety floor. I think you need to know your area, for example, some areas you go, the shops just have cheap carpets and cheap laminates, but they still make good money, other have shops with more wood than carpet, they must know what their area demands.

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Same as, don't get much call for lvt and never border work. Most lvt work I get is when I recommend it in a kitchen

5. SandyFloor

SandyFloor Well-Known Member

LVT definitely but I would say a majority of the skill and knowledge is in preparation. I've met far too many consumers that say they would never have it again because they think the badly installed job they recieved was the norm

6. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Almost all my work is LVT now I can can make more from supply & fit domestic LVT than anything else !

If all youve ever done is wood flooring though I wouldn't say its a natural & easy transition to just decide your guna start fitting something completely different ?

7. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Same issues have put people off laminate and wood

8. SandyFloor

SandyFloor Well-Known Member

Actually you're dead right lol

9. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Don't his head is big enough lol