What to do now with poor installation

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by C Tay, Nov 22, 2022.

1. C Tay

C Tay New Member

We have had polyflor LVT down for about 15 months. Iv always hated it, not happy with the choice I made (obviously my fault!!) but it’s also just been fitted badly. Massive gaps between some planks, lifting in places. I don’t want to have any more contact with the fitter tbh, I tried to call them and ask them to come and have a look at where it was lifting and they just fobbed me off. I do however want to replace it but obviously going to be very costly as I already spent 5k on it…

my question. Does it have to be pulled up? If so how easy is this? Or can lvt be installed on top- perhaps even click? Any other options? It’s in the kitchen and pulling it up worries me. I know I’m probably going to have to end up getting new plinths etc but I can’t look at it any longer. I don’t want to have to pull all my skirting off though- it was installed before the skirting went down. Also am I going to find a fitter willing to touch it?
    Thanks

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What Polyflor is it. Why won’t the fitter come back ?
    You could put a click ontop if it’s flat.

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

You could go over it if needed. Clic is more expensive and you need to remove the skirting or have beading so still going to cost you. May be cheaper to remove, skim and put a decent glue down floor in that will last a long time