Which brand do you fit?

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Tomhood, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Tomhood

Tomhood Member

I’ve been supplying & fitting Cormar (mostly Apollo plus & elite) for a while now, most of my work is for people wanting to spend approx £15/m2 but am being asked more and more often for better quality stuff.. I know that Cormar are at the budget end of the industry - who would you say would be a good next step up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

My customer favourites at the moment are the Condor intenza ranges and AW being abit higher up. Been selling a fair bit of westex since xmas but that's to expensive for some.

3. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Had the cormar stands in for about 6month now and they don't seem to attract any interest, lifestyle, furlongs and carpet line are the best sellers,with the occasional westex and Riviera

4. Paul webb

Although don't sell a lot of carpet, people don't seem to realise we sell it, even after coming in the shop, they don't notice the 50+ lecturns 12 wall stands and roll rack

5. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

Do we work together? Haha... We have the same issue. People come in for LVT, book in for the job, then implore that we are done by Thursday, because the carpet fitters are coming... Why didn't you use us for carpet? "What, you sell carpet?"

YOU WERE IN THE DAMN STORE!

We sell a lot of Cormar, AW, and Furlong. A fair amount of Penthouse and Gaskell. We seem to mainly be Karndean/Distinctive these days.

6. Paul webb

I'm thinking about putting a big neon sign on the door saying "we also sell carpets " lol

7. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

My mate LT flooring had the same problem to he moved all the wood and LVT to the back of the room and the carpets to front of the shop which is working well

8. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

We’ve always had carpets at the front of f the shop, they’ll walk in past the carpets to the wood and LVT then ask if we sell carpet

9. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

I mean, the front left of the showroom (and soon to be entire walkway in) is Karndean. Then you've got about 14m of laminates and other LVT across the wall all the way to the back, with little islands of stands like LG/Coretec etc in the centre. Down the middle of the room you have 10+ tombolas of wool, a big Gaskell stand at the back of the building and vinyl in the turn between showroom and the stock roll (13 racks)/cutting area.

The carpet stands are basically an area 5m x 15m right there near the entrance, all the way to the back... They still miss it all....

10. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Glad we’re not the only ones

11. Paul webb

I think people notice other peoples hard flooring and will ask where they got it, but nobody notices carpet. I'm actually changing the shop name slightly to incorporate the word carpet and yes, it is good to know I'm not the only one

12. Paul webb

I don't think the current fashion helps, the displays tend to be a sea of beige and grey,at least they're starting to introduce some colour now

13. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

I've started making the reps put something more colourful on top if there is one in there... Like with the Softissimo, had him install the pink on top. Just to catch the eye a bit more.