Which end of room to start laminate from?

Discussion in 'Wood' started by Steve Martin, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Steve Martin

Steve Martin New Member

Hi

I'm about to laminate a room at home and wonder what the best end to start from would be?

The room's approx 3m x 3m.

The dilemma I have is whether or not to start at the far wall opposite the double doors which is a nice straight uncomplicated outside wall and work back to the double doors which are recessed in a bit of an alcove (140cm wide by 33cm deep) with another smaller adjacent alcove 80cm wide by 33 deep (used to be a doorway to the kitchen, now blanked off) about 60cm along on the same wall from the double door alcove

OR

Tackle the tricky wall with the 2 side by side alcoves first with the rationale that I might have more room for manuever and then just have to probably do some long cuts on the last row by the straight wall (which will be tucked under the skirting anyway). My worry is if I try it that way then it might be harder to get everything nice and straight.

Hope that make sense, I've tried uploading pictures but no joy!

Cheers

Steve

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What laminate is it Steve ?

3. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

But starting on the hard side will make it easier to slide the cuts in and out.

4. Steve Martin

Steve Martin New Member

It's this: Sorry I apparently can't post a link 'till I've had 10 posts but it's B&Q :

Colours Dolce Natural Walnut effect Laminate flooring,

and yes, that's my point, sacrifice ease of lining up and getting it straight for ease of sliding it in and out!

jeez, it sounds like an early '80s Whitesnake album in here!

5. vince55

vince55 Member

I m ok with that.