Wool carpet

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Babs, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Babs

Babs New Member

Hi .It's been about 20 years since I last bought carpet and despite the wide choice of materials used now ,I'd like to buy 80/20 wool. I will probably buy online as prices are significantly cheaper and have seen a Cormar Home Counties plain 50oz I like.I'm put off buy some poor reviews of the company .any views?Thanks

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Yeah dont buy cormar carpets!!

I stopped using cormar a couple years ago due to the backing coming away from the carpet.

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Penthouse and westex are excellent carpet manufacturers. Brockway and victoria also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dan2223245

Dan2223245 Active Member

Hi Babs.

My company turns over significant numbers with Cormar. We have very little issues with them. Great value carpet although better quality alternatives are available.

More importantly though. Try sourcing your carpet through an independent retailer you'd be surprised how little you'd save on the total job by the time you take the carpet underlay fitting etc into the whole deal.

And if something does go wrong you can walk through the door and speak to them.

Where are you based and what areas are you looking to do?

5. Tom B

Tom B Active Member

Cormar carpets have problems with there backing mainly it delaminates bad. As mentioned Westex carpets are good,good colour bank and plenty of different qualities also. Rylux is another good one

6. Babs

Babs New Member

Thanks for your replies everyone.
    Dan...I returned to the small independent retailer I bought my carpets from 20yrs ago determined to support small businesses.So pleased I checked prices. £10 Sq m cheaper online for exactly same carpet. Thankfully another local high street shop offered prices that competed with online prices.I ll go back there to buy my carpets.

7. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Fitted some lovely jacaranda on monday

8. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Good the way you supported him then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. We love Cormar Carpets and tend to have very little problems with 'em

10. J d clarkson flooring

J d clarkson flooring Well-Known Member

Was it the one with the already pre manufactured fault lines in

11. marks.fletchers

marks.fletchers Member

I think you should go with Polypropylene carpet, it have a vast range of varieties in it as well best to use. we used it and got installed with one calgary company named home floors.