Amtico over plywood and screeded floor

Discussion in 'FAQ Section For Consumers' started by Julie Fox, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Julie Fox

Julie Fox Member

Hi,

Looking for advice please. We have a 1902 semi and decided to put in underfloor heating in our lounge. The original timber floorboards were in wooden joists. We laid wooden battens under the joists and laid celotex insulation on top about 60mm below the joists. Thermoduo wire has been stapled to the insulation and levelling screed put in top to about 5mm below the top of the joist. The floorboards are going back down and 6mm ply on top before Amtico is laid. My question is how long do we wait before the screed is dry before putting down the floorboards? Screed was laid a week ago, Amtico is due to be fitted 5 Dec, is this long enough

thanks!

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

How thick is the screed? And what type?

3. Julie Fox

Julie Fox Member

Hi,
    Mapei renovation screed laid at about 30-35mn?

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

That’s will be dry after a few days

5. Julie Fox

Julie Fox Member

Great, thanks. If thicker than 35mm is there a guide as to drying time per mm? Is it works getting a moisture reading done?
    Husband wants to put floorboards back down this weekend which will only be 8 days after screed was laid

6. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

It seen a guide but after 4-5 days a thick coat is usually dry

7. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

If it was the mapei renovation then that'll be dry enough. I use it alot and if their tech says I can fit lvt on a 40mm fill after 4 days then you'll be fine