Cscs cards

Discussion in 'NVQ/CSCS FLOORING ASSESSMENTS' started by dazlight, Sep 26, 2011.

1. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Pain in the arse these things. Spoke to Matt about this but ......
    I did my NVQ2 other month. Then rang cscs to find out what next, he said pay the £30 for the card and I don't have to resit the Heath and safety exam ( mine run out in march) as it's covered in my NVQ. Been waiting weeks and nothing. So rang them today and said what's going on and do I have to resit the H&S exam. He said no which I think is wrong but hes now sending me out my form to fill in. :roll:
    Any one else have problems?

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Ye, all please take note of the above.

CSCS are wrongly advising people.

YOU HAVE TO SIT A H+S test before you can apply for your card. The NVQ does not cover H+S to exam conditions. The NVQ covers H+S relevant to what building site you may be working on. I.E- if the site says you need to wear ear protection we will check you are doing so.

Some people have been issued by CSCS a card without a H+S test. Well these cards are void as you have not actually passed a H+S test that is law to do so before you can work on site. You may get away with it if the site foreman only checks your card. But if the company your working for does a back ground check on you you will show as not having passed a H+S test.

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Yep especially with them new cards that have a chip in them. If they're using the latest software onsite then they can pop your card into the reader and pull up all your details in a second.

4. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

done my nvq's (latest 1 the other week)
    Did my h+s test last yr
    Asked the guy that did my nvq if i had to sit another h+s one, he said nay!
    So off i go to update my card :mrgreen:

5. Matt

Ye your fine if you did H+S in the last 2 years at the moment.

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Although the CFA are about to change things.

7. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

yeh, i read about that the other day jay :smile:

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard about it 2 months ago from the CEO of the CFA all I'm gonna say is ITS ABOUT TIME. I welcome it aslong as it renders the CSCS obsolete for us except the obvious H & S test. Atleast if it takes off we will be able to get acreditation in an official capacity rather than the old NVQ what ever next a BTEC. :lol:

9. Matt

What the Q&A card?