Dents in screed appearing under LVT

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Lisa Morgan, Mar 8, 2024.

1. merit

merit Well-Known Member

The screed pulls as it sets. Lifting anything that isnt solid or well fixed. This is why we would always do two coats. One to set the pipes and then a heavy coat to get the depth. Whats really unhelpful is that some manufacturers are stating the 10mm coat needs to be done in one coat.

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

6mm is too thin to start with!

3. tombo_83

tombo_83 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was told to do it in one coat. As we’ve discussed on here, I’m doing it in two. Good to know about the first pour getting the pipes set and then a heavier pour afterwards. I was going to go for 2/3 on the first pour and 1/3 on the second pour. The other way around is better though? 15mm total measured pour to finish 10mm hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Rugmunching

Defo 2 coats for me, like to flood it as much as I can to atleast cover the pipes then another good coat. They say aim for 10mm, I probably hit nearer 15mm by time I'm done and tend to always use more bags than I planned

5. Lisa Morgan

Lisa Morgan Member

Thanks everyone for your really helpful responses. Some really interesting points raised. I have attached a screenshot of the pdf where it states “pour a 5mm bed of renovation screed….”. Interestingly, this appears to have been changed on other documents to at least 5mm. All the specified products were used correctly and supplied by Wunda. A Mapei rep came out and said they would recommend at least 6mm and that the product is so ’grippy’ that it can pull when curing. The fitter and I have dug up the flooring today and this looks to be what’s happen as the pipes can be pushed down now which was certainly not the case when the screed was poured and the screed is thinner over the pipes which fits with the pipes lifting. There is at least 5mm either side. I have been speaking with Wunda today and I’m to put in writing what is going on so we’ll see. I hope they take responsibility and I don’t have to fight them on this but I’ll have to. I just want my floor sorted out, I was so looking forward to this being done and at the moment I’m wishing I still had radiators and laminate!!

6. Lisa Morgan

Lisa Morgan Member

Here’s the image

Attached Files:

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I think most customers that go down the ufh route wish they had gone for radiators

8. Rugmunching

My electric ufh is under 20mm of reno, wifi thermostat has been going rogue, checked my app and it was on 31deg :eek:...my poor frenchy must have thought I'd dumped her in a desert...but amtico didn't budge luckily. Makes me wonder

Anyway I often wonder if it did go tits up what I'd do as I have no rads and it's near 45m2 area

9. tombo_83

Did you use Amtico ht or something else? Wet set? I have a friend who has Amtico ht and we thermal gunned his floor last summer at 40 degrees in the sun. Stuck fine.
    I think I’ll perhaps use something else though when I do my Amtico, f48plus or the uzin Ht one.

10. Rugmunching

I'm always uzin ke49 mostly and I laid my own parquet semi wet with an A2 notch trowel.
    It's not what the adhesive can handle, it's the lvt itself hence why they fade but the back of my extension is more or less fully open with bifolds and picture frame window, plenty of sunlight but later on in the day (not south facing) but yes some of the temps I've heard customers running their LVT at with ufh goes way past 30deg but I don't know why because for me anything above 25 is too much, even in the winter it's nice enough.

11. Rugmunching

F48+ is a decent adhesive though, used that a handful of times and does have a real good grab to it.

12. tombo_83

Can you explain laying semi wet? Assuming that’s also rolled? Thanks

13. Rugmunching

When I use Ke66 I go straight in with the planks more or less, maybe a few mins in...

With ke49 I leave a little longer before I placement, 49 is more forgiving with the timescale side.

So if I was to do 6 Row planking with Ke66 I'd do it in 2 rows wheres 49 I'll do the full 6 rows and yes rolled after 10mins or so then rolled again after 15mins or so

14. tombo_83

Lovely thanks

15. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Amtico HT extra is good now. I think it goes up to 38 degrees and guaranteed in direct sunlight. we use that and karndean universal mostly now.

16. Yiddo1982

Yiddo1982 Well-Known Member

Ball 58plus

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

17. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Having worked within the ufh market for a few years and Flooring for 23/24 years, I’ve found that not until recently each industry does it’s own thing, a few years ago they started working together and using each others knowledge to try and tidy up the build ups, a few are ahead of the rest though, they will all catch up. They have too as it’s where the money is.