engineered rustic oak flooring frost lacquered from UK Flooring Direct

Discussion in 'Wood' started by razvan, Feb 18, 2024.

1. razvan

razvan New Member

Hi all. Bought this product from UK F D. I have tried from December to find out what to use as an extra coat (protective coat) on the flooring. It says that is lacquered, tried Bona Traffic HD and Loba Viva and none of these adhere to the finish. Both peel off at coin test like would be a scratch card.
    I'm desperate now to get a protective coat for an easier maintenance. Can someone assist and give some suggestions of what to use?
    Thank you all in advance

2. crazydaze

crazydaze Active Member

If the floor is already lacquered in manufacturing , I'm not sure extra Lacquer layers can be applied on top.

3. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Maybe Bona freshen up

4. razvan

razvan New Member

Thanks. That what I'm trying to find out. Need a product that will adhere to existing coat. To create a strong protective barrier. As it is is too sensitive

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Try a polish for a easy finish or a strong cleaner. Some cleaning comoanies can do a deep clean amd then put a sealer over it.
    Bona do a re coat system but you need to apply a stripper, abrade and deep clean before applying the bona traffic. You cant just apply it direct to a old lacquer.

6. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Sounds like your never be happy with whatever finish you get, maybe should have opted for an unfinished option and then had it finished afterwards to create the look you want etc

7. razvan

razvan New Member

sorted now. looks like Osmo Oil is the solution.

8. razvan

razvan New Member

:) you would be happy if your child would spill a drink on it and you would have to replace it? reason i was asking, was to create a proper seal, which hasn't been provided by the manufacturer... ;)

9. merit

merit Well-Known Member

You should not put a oil on top of a lacquer. Im
    Not sure thats the best idea

10. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Think you will end up with more problems, I’ve got engineered wood, not by choice, it’s crap with 4 kids a dog and 3 cats