Fellow floor layer from Lithuania

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by LTU_floor_layer, Jan 29, 2024.

1. LTU_floor_layer

LTU_floor_layer New Member

Hello! First of all - apologies in advance about my writing in english skills. English class in school was proudly skipped to enjoy playing runescape at home , and been living in UK just for a year and that was long time ago :D wanted to introduce myself since i found this forum extremely helpful. Over 10 years of experience with all adhesive floorings like carpet,lino and dry back lvt. Only recently decided to work only with dry back LVT because its most enjoyable to work with. So thats about me. Now about floor laying differences in UK and LTU.. oh boy.. i had a pleasure to check how you guys work and omg we are reeaaaal cow boys down here in yours words we sleep with heat guns by our beds!:oops: but there's a valid reason for that - 95% jobs we do are newly built houses, where no skirtings, doors frames or furniture are installed. So laying LVT without glue down to scribe isn't an option. and its time consuming and you guys ain't ready to talk about labor price range differences just yet so to sum up my introduction - its an experience to check the similarities and differences around the globe :)
    Cheers,
    Lukas

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I’d say we have some of the best fitters in the world are in the uk going by some USA final competition pics I’ve seen.
    new builds you can still scribe in quickly and undercut the arcs.

3. LTU_floor_layer

LTU_floor_layer New Member

By what I've seen I can't agree more about quality you guys are offering. Qualification courses and tournaments really is what im jealous for and missing here in LTU. Dont get me wrong, I'm just joking about heat guns everywhere, we do scribe, just we do that in a messy way - with glues on. Places like bathrooms, windows, pipes and tiles - they need perfect cuts which we do. But most of the time we are dealing with LVT who's manufacterers says that expansion gap around the perimeter is needed of 2mm. We rarely get to work with amtico,karndean,polyflor or mflor who says that no expansion gap is needed. So silicone culture is thriving and by what I've seen this is where we have some lessons to offer for UK's cow boys. We use color silicone which fits well with LVT and we make it smooth and perfect, no excess left behind and sealed perfectly. Anyway, one of the reason I've joined this forum is because I want to introduce border&strips option to LTU(which is crazy that here's no such thing) and I for sure need some more information about dealing with borders. Mounting and prepping what gives me a little bit less questions, but pricing this work is the most serious question. If anybody could answer me some questions here or in private I would be extremely grateful. Cheers

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

A good place to start is do the free LVT prep course at f ball