Flooring staples

Discussion in 'Tool Chat' started by Paul Hancock, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Paul Hancock

Paul Hancock New Member

Hi,
    I fitted a solid oak ank floor about 10 years ago an bought a pneumatic flooring nailer to fit it. I've just bought 30m of oak plank for another room so I got the nailer out of the garage and dusted it off. I couldn't find any staples so went on eBay where I bought them from before and nothing! The manual says 38-50mm long 15.5ga staples, I've done a search and it seems that you can only get these in the US now! Anyone out there know of a UK supplier for these, don't want to fork out for a new nailer!
    Many thanks

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

You could try Top gun airnailers in Blackpool

3. Paul Hancock

Paul Hancock New Member

Thanks for that, but they don't do anything that heavy. I've bit the bullet and bought a pack off Amazon from the US, bit heavy on postage but it was either that or £250 for a new nailer. Pissed off that they were all over eBay 10 years ago now they are like hens teeth

4. Paul webb

Yeah, i spent £500 on a glue gun, then couldn't get the sausages anymore

5. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

What manufacturer was it. I know there were a number of these guns out there (Bona, Gekko, Sika) but I haven't seen them being advertised recently. Also, the adhesive was very expensive, because they could charge for the unique packaging, and IMO, I don't think they put enough adhesive on the ground to do the job properly.

If they are still going you should ask for your money back for the gun;)

6. Paul webb

It's the sika one that takes 3 big sausages at a time, i'm not doing wood anymore, so it's just sat there along with a load of other tools

7. Paul webb

It's probably over 10years ago when I got it, so possibly a bit late to ask for a refund lol