Karndean Van Gogh with Amtico PS adhesive?

Discussion in 'FAQ Section For Consumers' started by Karenjack, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

When I say don't acclimatise, they put the flooring in their own home the night before :D

I prefer to drop the flooring off to my customets home couple days before.

I have fitted though without acclimatising but during the warmer weather periods, not ideal but some circumstances it has to be done...

....not at 12 deg though !

2. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

Hi, think we will have to part ways after prep, he wants to do it his way which isn't the Karndean way. I will speak with the retailer to see if they have other installers otherwise it will be back to finding another installer.

3. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

You may struggle to find another installer to work on his prep

4. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

Yes but no use in throwing good money after bad. He has said he will do it as per the Karndean guidelines IF I want him to but not to blame him for gaps. IF he does it his way I have no warranty. Rock and hard place.

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

12*c is to low. In winter 16*c is lowest I’d fit anything. Ideal 18*c -20

he ain’t got a clue if you ask me. Not knowing about using HT. he’s saying he will do it the karndean way if that’s what you want. WTF.

Can you post pics of the prep. When is he meant to start laying ?

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yeah 12 degree is 2 degree off glue not working at all!

7. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

I will try to upload pics later. He said he would start laying tomorrow but as the product isn't here that's when I asked about acclimatizing and getting all the rooms up to required temp. I also think screed needs longer to dry as water running down all widows, just trying to keep it dry and ventilated.
    If someone else takes this over will they be able to test the screed to ensure it is okay?
    Speaking with Karndean and retailer today, installer is back to finish prep.

8. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

Sorry haven't got pics yet. The installer returned for an hour just to skim some ply joins. He said he wouldn't be back as didn't want to be asked questions. This was after I asked about the screed as it it still very wet and he was still adamant he was starting to lay tomorrow. He said he never does damp tests. I raised all my concerns with the retailer who has said he will get another fitter to complete the job next week, I don't think this is possible as there is still prep outstanding and 110m seems a lot for one man. I asked again about the moisture tests but he too said they have never done them and never had issues! I was obviously wrong to assume that approved retailers would follow the Karndean guidelines. My question is what is the best way to have the current screed assessed? I have paid a deposit and the retailer is just keen to have all the product delivered but I am not willing to proceed if the work isn't compliant.

9. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

I work alone and often do jobs 110m and larger so it wouldn’t be an issue for one man

10. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

That would be great I was just thinking that there is still a lot of prep and the fact it's over two floors with lots of rooms it might be more time consuming. More concerned that the screed is right before proceeding.

11. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What area do you live Karen

12. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

FY5, just outside Blackpool. Is there anyone nearby that could do a professional assessment?
    I have just been looking at the ply, it's been messily covered at the joins and lots of expanding foam used in random places? Is this normal? Will the Karndean stick to this? I have photos in my media but having trouble getting them to add to this post.

13. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

IMG_20221129_222732.jpg IMG_20221129_222554.jpg IMG_20221129_222714.jpg IMG_20221129_222528.jpg IMG_20221129_222510.jpg IMG_20221129_222453.jpg

14. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

15. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Should have fixing every 6” on the plywood and every 4” on the edges.
    who done all that silicone ?

16. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Cowboy knows nothing :rolleyes:

17. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

It's not silicone it's expanding foam? Hence my alarm and questions. I am trying to get advice as retailer has said he will come to see it on Thursday but I don't want him just saying it is all fine.

18. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Has he screeded downstairs yet ?

19. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Just seen he has. What’s it like? Smooth ?

20. Karenjack

Karenjack Member

Mixed, still drying out, some part have stones/grave showing other areas rough, uneven, some missing areas. Difficult to get good pics

Attached Files: