Robbed !

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Neilydun, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Ohh right, you mean your 3 vans Neil?
    I thought you meant some randoms.

I remember the worse ones for us was the new wyevale garden center builds, they used to be out in the sticks mainly and vans were getting robbed nearly every other day.
    One particular time was where the 2 lads got chased off by a contractor and 1 of them fell down an embankment and broke his leg and was begging for help but the blokes who's sprinter he 'tin opened' started laying into him and too f'in right aswell, he had to be dragged off. Nextday coppers turned up on site and nicked him but never did find out what happened because we had left that week.

I bet its hammering your insurance premiums as well.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Yes mate, all 3 were mine.
    A broken leg sounds too good for this scum. Glad he gave the guy a beating.

Its got to a point where maybe each contractor should put a few quid in and pay for a guy to watch the vans all day.
    I don`t tell the insurance anymore, as the premiums were getting too much. It's cheaper just to sort them myself.

3. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

That's bad news , an electrician whose house i was working on yesterday had had is van done numerous times
    as usual the police were not interested even when he found his kit for sale on ebay !!!!!
    He has now got a van alarm that has proximity sensors that beep when you go anywhere near his van
    sad thing is the tools usually end up sold for peanuts ,

4. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I user to have a Clifford concept on my old trafic van that did that, it was brill. It was set to where is anyone peeked through the window it would make a annoying buzzing noise, definately worked as where I used to lived back then it was 'ruff as fooook' and the majority of the streets vans were broken into except for mine and the nutty mechanic that lived opposite mine

5. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

My alarm, Charlies and Elliss were all going off.
    No-one is interested at all.
    It may be a deterrent, but it seems these days that this is blatant theft, and no-one gives a fuck.
    My van was drilled, and crowbarred in full view, parked along side the entrance way, in a Lidl.

6. Blake Pidcock

Blake Pidcock Member

Scum of the earth