Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by Distinctive Adam, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

So the years almost over, what do we think of it? Was we busier than ever, was it slow or are things picking up?
    For distinctive flooring, we are certainly busier, 12 x busier In fact then the previous year, now adding more options next year, could 2014 be even bigger.....yes in my opinion.

2. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Yes same as, very busy year. Rates for commercial work, are still **** poor, but now there is big demand, so prices will be going up again.
    Already fully booked for Jan, most of Feb, and some of March, and the phone is busy.Things are definitely picking up.
    2014 is looking pretty good !

3. G.W Flooring

G.W Flooring Well-Known Member

Great year here to! The best for me in my 3 years self employed. Getting a lot more of my own supply and fit which is good money! Got 6 days booked for jan which is a massive improvement on previous years. First jan self employed i worked barely a day! Scary times...

Finished the year with a 3 storey house full supply & fit. They had engineered bamboo by amtico... Strange looking stuff

4. Nk1

Nk1 Well-Known Member

sounds great for you. It was a good year for me, a few quiet moments but the busy times were very busy and lasted a lot longer. I think things are picking up but who knows. I really think you need to know your market and you can still be successful during a recession. I mean if you don't live in a very affluent area, then you don't try to sell carpets at £35-60 sq/m you get the £15 stuff on the racks, laminate not wood, polyflor not amtico, just my opinion.

5. dazza

dazza Well-Known Member

I've been chocka last three months and fairly busy all year. Got Feb booked for two weeks on 600 sq job got
    In with two company's this year on residential work so can't complain considering I set my company
    Up during credit crunch and have gone through recession I'm happy.but also lost money due to my main
    Work contractor going in to liquidation last year.

6. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

This year has been great I now think 13 is my lucky number & I'm looking forward to next year !

BRING IT ON