Advanced LVT course pics

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by Matt, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

going to be setting up a uzin demo day and mflor demo day. I dont have enough days in a year free at the moment. Im slowly building up a group of lads that can cover for me so when that is sorted i will have some free time !

2. Robroy

Robroy Well-Known Member

I did take quite a few notes ! :geek:

3. markyw

markyw Well-Known Member

how much would a course like that cost?
    great pics by the way
    i dont know how to bend the borders have heard you cut the boards in half and tease it round that way but as i say that could be rubbish

4. Matt

Sort of yes. But there is a bit more to it than that.

As for price. We run a 3 day version of the above course for a all in £450 quid :cool:

If you wanted a bespoke course where you will have the center to yourself for 2 days then your looking around £600.

5. markyw

markyw Well-Known Member

ok thanks matt!
    i know a lot of people go on your courses but how would you feel making a small video of bending the boards?
    obv travelling to birmingham on top of the 600 works out quite expensive for the likes of myself up in aberdeen
    just a thought totally understand if you say no due to you showing the paying members of the forum :)

6. Matt

I have spent near 20 years perfecting bending boarders. I don't want my secrets going up on YouTube for all to see. Im sure people who have come on my courses don't want my secrets (and now their secret also) that they have paid for also being shown for public viewing! Many people including the big names manufactories have tried to replicte my methods but have all failed so far.

Its one of them mate, once i show you you will also want to keep it secret as you will now be able to offer your customers something extra that you can now charge more for! You payed for it so why should it now be Free for others to copy?

Anyway....... we do a 3 day course at £450. Yes you have hotel etc on top and lose 3 days work but i believe that all the lads that have been on my courses so far report that the course has paid for itself within 3 months. They get the job as they now have a certificate to flash to the customer when the other person does not. You can charge more as you can now offer more against the other person as well.

More and more people are coming on this forum and seeing the pics also and asking fitters to reproduce what they have seen on here. Believe it or not but we are now close to 20'000 people reading the forum each month !!!!!! Add in we will soon have the Fitters Directory up and running the 20'000 people reading the forum will soon be able to find you on the directory also.

So answer is, no sorry no vids :(

PS, im looking at opening a center up in Scotland. Wont happen over night, but im working towards it.

7. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

About time!! :shock:
    :lol:

8. Matt

Just need a translator and im ready to go............ Dinnae teach yer Granny tae suck eggs!

i mean what does that mean? in English?

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Got to say I totally agree. I have spent alot of money learning these skills and on Matts courses you will learn how to do bending borders and more.
    When me and graham went on the LVT advanced the other month Matt showed us alot of other great tips as well.
    Well worth the money.
    Graham has been fitting amtico since it came out and if he can learn new skills at 58 anyone who goes on these courses will learn and then make the money back.
    If you go and price a job with a curved bay window and they ask can you bend the border round it. You either say no and dont get the job or yes and charge more for doing it.

The question is...Do you want to join the magic circle?

10. vman

vman Well-Known Member

:lol: not a scooby, and I'm born and bread jock.
    Is there a list of courses and dates available from floorskills?

11. Matt

So to translate your post... you drive a subaru and you swapped your jack for some bread or a new born????

12. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. vman

vman Well-Known Member

:lol: your a quick learner.

14. Matt

regarding courses and dates, floorskills site but under construction. I hope o get a online diary sorted soon..

15. Robroy

Robroy Well-Known Member

100% agree with that , I should of done it years ago instead of shying away from design work.
    Mind you should see the tools I have now on order ....costing me a fortune :lol: :lol: