Amtico form gaps around border

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Ash07, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Ash07

Ash07 New Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on some parquet amtico form with a double border we are currently having fitted in our hallway, living room and landing. There are a number of gaps and borders not meeting flush, nothing hugely noticeable unless close up but I'm really not happy about them being there. There is a curved bay window which the majority of them can be seen in, in which the fitter has gone with the sectioned skirting rather than an angled curve which I can appreciate would be difficult to pull off. It was purchased through an independent flooring retailer who have then passed the job on to a flooring contractor so it's all under guarantee. What are your thoughts, am I being too pedantic? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Ohhh nooo, whys he gone with the shape of the skirts - that looks terrible to me, needs a nice curve.
    You can see that the fitter is capable with his cuts but looks like he's either rushed or not paid enough attention with some.
    Point them out to him and ask him to redo them, shouldn't have an issue with it as he can see it himself.

......but the bay window needs redoing 100%, dont understand why he hasn't gave it a nice curve unless its that he doesn't have the right tool.

3. Rugmunching

....even without the righr tool he should have made sure that he was able to curve it. I prefer block borders in the parquet, did you ask for mitred corners??

4. Ash07

Ash07 New Member

Thanks for your response @Rugmunching. I've pointed the faults and he's going to go over them. I wasn't sure about the bay as he made it out to sound like following the skirting like that was the only available option as he said he's done small curves around the base of a staircase but following a curve around a bay pretty much impossible to get right.....but I'm with you - I'd much rather see a nice flowing curve. I wasn't asked about the mitred borders but now you've mentioned it I think the block would look a lot better too!

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

its not great but Ive seen alot worse Its is all in the detail with design flooring so wouldn't be a pass from me.

As for bay I would have Definitely done it as one curve Looks much better but that always depends on the skill of the fitter :rolleyes:

6. Ash07

Ash07 New Member

Does anyone have photos of a similar bay complete with a curve?

7. Ash07

Ash07 New Member

Also, I'm interested to know how you'd go about this? Would you cut a template of the bay?

8. Rugmunching

Come on then.....let's see that nice new curve :D

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. dazlight