Amtico Spacia fitting

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by richg44, Jun 8, 2020.

1. richg44

richg44 New Member

Hi,

I had some Amtico Spacia flooring fitted in my bathroom last week, and felt at the time that the fitter was a bit rushed. Looking at the work now, I'm not sure whether or not they have done a good job. There are gaps visible between tiles, and there is quite a big difference in variance in size between these gaps.

I've attached a few photos of the floor and would appreciate opinions on whether this is what the floor should look like or not. Is this acceptable?

When laying planks together without any glue on the floor, there is barely a line visible, but I'm not certain whether or not this is realistic?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

not good

3. richg44

richg44 New Member

Thanks for your response. Should there be visible gaps between the tiles?

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What adhesive was used ?

6. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Get him back to sort it, that's not acceptable

7. richg44

richg44 New Member

As far as I know a pressure sensitive adhesive was used. Is that good / bad / indifferent?

8. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

If used correct it’s ok but I prefer wet set HT.
    Not the best LVT don’t help Either. Had problems with Spacia butting up but I undercut the planks if needed to get them tight.

9. Rugmunching

I was about to say that about spacia, its never been this bad, what's happened?

And is it just me or does it feel really light lately o_O

10. richg44

richg44 New Member

Would you suggest that this is worth ripping up and re-doing? And potentially not using a Spacia LVT?

11. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I would tell the fitter you Aren’t happy about the gaps. See if he will fix them or replace the floor.

12. Rugmunching

Not all spacia is bad but noticed more frequently the joints are getting worse.

Get the fitter back and see if he can sort it out but failing that, replace the lot.

13. Rugmunching

Could have looked alot better, no proper fitter would put the stagger that close.

14. J d clarkson flooring

J d clarkson flooring Well-Known Member

Awful stagger on the plank as well, should be at least a tile width away...... had issues with spacia and butting up. For the cost of it I sent it back as faulty and got some more so I’d ask for a replacement