Anhydrite

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by RMG, Jul 12, 2018.

1. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that grinding off the laitence and putting a DPM over it in within a few hours is wrong but having never dealt with it before... what you guys reckon? should leave it a couple of days?

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

There shouldn’t be any need to use a DPM
    It’s quick drying once the top took off
    I’ve never Used a DPM on it apparently you can but still has to be dry to a point
    You’d have to ask the manufacturer of the product but If it was me I’d be letting it dry out

3. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

i took some readings with my gm200 and got some at 85% ish and some at 99.9% but noone gives a poo lol.

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

85% of what ?

5. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

85% RH

6. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

Anhydrite1.jpg Anhydrite2.jpg

Didn't bother testing this room but that DPM went on about an hour after the grinding

7. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

they've provided screedmaster speed 30 so in theory we're going to screed 80m2 and then go back and fit the first flat in the afternoon. Going to be a nightmare. Is it even possible to get a decent finish in this heat with a crappy fast track screed?

8. Spacey

Nope lol

9. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

i'll get some pictures, i reckon we'll tape the skirting boards up then go at it with pin levelers and rollers and spikey shoes, although the spikey shoes might slow us down too much so not sure.

10. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t want a fast set as my finish in this heat, I’d prefer K11 or any water based to be honest and super 30 sets damn quick if they wanted a faster set the quickest one I would have used is Arditex RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

i've managed it fairly well with uzin l3 gold just on my own but that has twice the working time of screedmaster speed. I think we can do it...

12. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Don’t think the wolf meter gives you a RH reading. You would need to put a hydro box down up drill a hole for a plug and do a text over 72 hours.

13. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

it gives lots of different readings but i only understand the RH one at the moment, can't even remember what it says that the 'RH' setting is on the meter display.

14. merit

merit Well-Known Member

It’s pretty decent meter. I’ve had exactly the same readings on gm200 as a probe in the floor. Anyway it’s got a dpm now so no worries lol!

15. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Can you even use fast track over dpm?

16. Spacey

Yes mate Prime then good to go

I mean in general though This job is doomed to fail :rolleyes:

17. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Lol

18. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

It went alright in the end. Not going to win any awards but it's good enough. We panicked screeding the first flat and went too fast but i doubt anyone would be any different trying to screed with super fast 30min screed in the heat. My first time using a pin leveller so there was a big patch of feather finish needed in the middle. I didn't get a picture of the finished floor (might get one tomorrow) but it looks fine. Second flat we're going to fit tomorrow and we got the screeding much better and went a bit slower and calmer. Putting masking tape on the skirting made it do-able so thanks for the tip spacey.

19. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

20. RMG

RMG Well-Known Member

Overall, I wouldn't want to use turbo drying screed like this again...