Art Select Jigsaw?

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by dazlight, May 18, 2011.

1. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

[attachment=3:21mxrldm]038.JPG[/attachment:21mxrldm][attachment=2:21mxrldm]039.JPG[/attachment:21mxrldm][attachment=1:21mxrldm]040.JPG[/attachment:21mxrldm][attachment=0:21mxrldm]041.JPG[/attachment:21mxrldm]

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Not sure I did the photos right, well too big.
    I have not done this in the new design where you get 4 extra tiles to you dont have a straight line every yard.
    Once you get goin not too bad, taking the film off is one pain in the bum, then having to push the tiles tight as gapping.
    All in HT too, back there tomorrow....... :twisted:

3. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

Had this a few months ago, what a royal pain in the ass to get going lol
    Looking good tho matey :D

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Not that hard really once its set out, I had to keep checkin the plan lol
    If you look on 2ns pic I have last panel in wrong place, not stuck though phew.
    Every panel had gaps between tiles an design strip. at least goin in wet you can push them into place.

Will do a few pics whens its finished.

5. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

Yeh, 1st time i seen em i was like..........ok lol
    A few checks of the plan as you said, and its sailing after that :mrgreen:

6. SandyFloor

SandyFloor Well-Known Member

Looking good there. Should be fun getting it to line up round the island.

7. tedmaced

tedmaced Well-Known Member

Excellent work Daz mate, well done.

8. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Cheers mate lol, dreading that part, hope it overlaps if not dead on, im saving big tiles incase i need to mess about with it, im meetin up were it is a meter wide so should be ok

9. SandyFloor

SandyFloor Well-Known Member

You could lay them dry round the island and put pencil marks round the tiles before using the addy.

10. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I was goin to dry lay sandy, but didn't bother as it's hard with the panels as gaps between tiles, it overlapped where it met an I trimmed it down an bevelled the edges. Looked good an you couldn't tell.

11. doidgey

doidgey Well-Known Member

Great work try it on the 45 its a pain,the reason they don't fit together the design strips are a bit unfinished like when you do a cut and snap the tile it leaves a rough edge which i take off with a knife or a small oil stone.

Steve.

12. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

How much waste do you need if it's on 45 steve?
    Would be a pain cutting that into skirking.

13. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Paper felt template for every tile, pain in the butt

14. bournemouth

bournemouth Super Moderator

Is itjustme or does anyone else just peel the film off before fitting put them in same tile size piles then lay like normal tiles, :? am I right in thinking amtico did the same sort of designs but sent them in a box loose for you to make up as you go,
    Nice work by the way they do look smart even if they are a pain in the arse to lay

15. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Cheers mate, going back to take more pics when the kitchens finished off. I did take some panels apart to do the cuts. Think it's quicker putting the whole panel in. HT adhesive is pain though, no time to work on it.

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Wow Daz that looks good fella like it, I haven't used that yet and was wondering if the film would be a pain or not nice job.

17. doidgey

No i don't template them i scribe them.

Steve

18. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I have a solution to this Steve and its the smallest planer you've ever seen my apprentice picked it up in central London as he was passing by a rather exspensive tool shop. At first I thought man thats over priced at £10 and its no bigger than a clipper lighter solid brass machined to perfection with spare blades which are razzor sharp, its even fully adjustable. And I have to say its better than the Janser bevel edger.

19. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Ive never used any scribers before, is it easier? can u use them round doorways and corners?

20. doidgey

I have the bevel edger i cannot use it have tried and tried always take to much off or to little!

Steve