Art Select Jigsaw?

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by dazlight, May 18, 2011.

1. doidgey

doidgey Well-Known Member

i undercut round doors with my fein.

Steve

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

A few more pics when I finished....

3. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

Lovely lovely Daz! :thumbs

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Which one are you using Steve IMO the one Amtico do and use to give out on their course is the best one, not sure if they still give it out!!!!, although mines a bit old and battered now a bit like me, so I recently invested in the Janser one which is not as good. Out of the box you can allegedly use it the blade has been FACTORY SET AND TESTED THERE IS NO NEED TO ADJUST THE BLADE. In capitals just like that, so I thinks OK lets go, now whats this little adjustable L flange on the bottom for, for some reason you're supposed to slot the tile in there and run the bevel along the floor thus beveling the edge, OK so whys the dam thing not moving, make some adjustments by opening up the slot a little as it has adjustment and nothing, now it misses all together. So take that off its a waste of time don't throw it away as you may need it one day, now the tile will lay flat and the bevel will pass along the edge which fits nicely over the tile edge, at this point the blade will need adjusting, so wined out the blade holding screw and wined out the blade adjusting screw, and give the blade a little push until it seats flat and parallel in the holder then tighten the blade holding screw not to much just enough to hold it as now you can wined in the blade adjusting screw, seat the bevel on the edge of a tile and wined in the blade adjusting screw until you see the blade begin to bite, then tighten the blade holding screw and test pass over the edge of a tile and if it isn't perfect you can fine tune it with small turns on the adjusting screw. With all that said and done it works perfect now but its worth using spares or old tiles as you will waste a few getting it right, I just dread the the day I have to change the blade.
    By the way Daz nice job atleast the island had the kick boards off that really makes me wish I had took pics of the one I had last week in which that was the only kick board that could not be removed, I'm sure the boy took pics I'll have to check but nice job.

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Yeah was happy the plinths were off, still stepped a bit, some tiles where damaged an I had to swop them.

I found the art select alot easier to cut then the spacia today.

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Looks really good mate and looks like you have made a really good job of it.

But do you know what really spoils that job for me. Its nothing you have done Daz, as im sure you have fitted the floor as the customer has wanted, but a boarder would of really finished off for me.

Why? Well we all know just how much work has gone into that floor. But i bet 99% of your customers friends wont realize its all separate bits. To them it will look like it has just been rolled out like a 4m wide vinyl.

Me personally i think that all LVT's should be fitted with a boarder to make it bespoke to the room its fitted in. Otherwise, why bother having a LVT? Why not just have a vinyl laid ?

I will ask the question in a new thread !

Like i say tho Daz, looks really good :thumbs

7. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Good point that Matt, I border would of looked good.

I did one in the slate a few years back on a 45 with 6" border round an a black design strip.

Was a pain this thought, every panel had gaps in it so alot of sliding the tiles about. :oops:

8. doidgey

doidgey Well-Known Member

Yes Jay its the Janser one have try'd evey thing, have give up another tool in the box i don't use!

Great job Daz

Steve

9. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

I thought it was because i am left handed,stupid tool.I have an aborigine friend who might use his banana knife to skim the edge.

10. merit

merit Well-Known Member

That looks the mutts

11. vman

vman Well-Known Member

Cheers mate lol, dreading that part, hope it overlaps if not dead on, im saving big tiles incase i need to mess about with it, im meetin up were it is a meter wide so should be ok[/quote
    Try a laser line mate, keeps everything plumb, always meets up. ;)

12. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I won a tool box full of tools at the cfs trade day the other week and it had one of those scribers in. Used it for the first time 2day, had to put vinyl tiles over boxing around a toilet and it was alot quicker than paper templating.

13. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Which scriber's that mate??

14. merit

merit Well-Known Member

15. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Actually its this 1, they do come in different sizes :?

16. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Which one?
    Yeah quite a few different bar scribers on the Market.

17. merit

merit Well-Known Member

18. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Under and overs?

If anyone wants to see tools like this used then please say so on the training day.

19. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Il bring it along with me, hopefully some 1 can show me how to use it properly