Big old loft

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by BLINCO94, Dec 20, 2013.

1. BLINCO94

BLINCO94 Well-Known Member

Heres what ive been up to. All one piece, 16.6 x 5 nightmare taking over stairs in one piece.

Attached Files:

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Hard work that mate well done deservers a beer !

I had a similar size fluff roll to do once on the fourth floor of a town house with a daft staircase up the middle & struggled to get 4m to the first floor so when I said to the customer it was almost impossible to get the carpet to the fourth in one piece & with out damaging it he said...

"Cant you get it through the window ? I've got a ladder !" Lol

We had to hire a cherry picker but also had to have his window taken out as well ? Oh yes & it was big thick American gear propa nightmare lol

3. BLINCO94

Haha yeah mate. 300m2 in two days aint bad, stairs and two bullys like this....

Attached Files:

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Fun mate

Thats why I don't do much fluff lol

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  5. BLINCO94

Same here first domestic in weeks.

6. Nk1

Nk1 Well-Known Member

Could you not have cut the width done, doesn't look 5m. Struggling on your own is such hard work, I've done it but always got the labourer now, too much hassle. How did the bullnoses come out? Big ones take time.

7. BLINCO94

Was like 4.10 and raining outside. Just as easy laying it out. Ill take picture of it when i go back and fit two more rooms in the new year.

8. Ben Ashton

Ben Ashton Member

We had a 13m x 5m living room last week, customer decided not to move anything even the bloody xmas tree !!!

9. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Same thing, we just did a 8m x 12.5m lounge and had to move the big piano around and all the sofas. The week before we did the dining room in 21mm engineered and when we put the dresser back there was only a few mm clearance from te ceiling!!! Sweating

10. BLINCO94

Went back today to do karndean in bathroom and took a picture of bully.

Attached Files:

11. Nk1

Nk1 Well-Known Member

what is that, sensation? So as we have had this karndean saga going on with the customer wanting to know if his fitter had done everything correct with the prep and install and hot air guns came up, did you use a hot air whilst fitting the opus?

12. BLINCO94

No mate all template. With paper felt.

13. Nk1

Nk1 Well-Known Member

what is that, sensation? So as we have had this karndean saga going on with the customer wanting to know if his fitter had done everything correct with the prep and install and hot air guns came up, did you use a hot air whilst fitting the opus? undercut the architraves or hot air gun? template toilet, hot air gun? mastic was your decision or customers?

14. BLINCO94

All templated even though i cant get on with paper felt.

15. BLINCO94

Asked customer about mastic and he wanted it all masticed in white as he'd had previous karndean done with clear and didnt like it so he says.

16. Cre8tiveflooring

Cre8tiveflooring Well-Known Member

What's the thick white suff at back wall and bath panel? Not a clear pic.

17. BLINCO94

Silicone with little tool from flooring shop quite thick i know but good finish if was only a thinner bead. On back wall its been filled with grout kindly from tiler and mastic what makes it look a little worse.

18. Cre8tiveflooring

Cre8tiveflooring Well-Known Member

Thought it was a wide grout filler. Bloody tilers!

19. Steve cane

Steve cane Well-Known Member

the bathroom flooring cost more than that bathroom suite by the looks of it!

20. BLINCO94

Yeah. Haha