Cap + Cove course next week bargain offer !

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by Matt, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

FloorSkills Training centre just had a company cancel the cap + cove course due to unforeseen circumstances for June 24-26th

Our instructor is booked and a agreement with the company who have had to cancel has been made where they are substituting part of the cost so we can offer a few places at a massive discount rate for next weeks course if anyone wants to come along ?

Level 2 Cap + Cove is normally £495+vat we can do next weeks course at a bargain £220 + VAT (we have 6 places at this price)

So that's a 3 day course for £220 +VAT !!!

Ring me asap if you would like to attend 01564 703 900

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Guuuuted. Can't make it. That's a deal

3. Trimmer

Trimmer Well-Known Member

Would the course cover more than the apprenticeship?

4. g4l

g4l Well-Known Member

Id be up for that if I wasnt down Brean.

5. Matt

in simple terms NO , but as we have not run this on apprenticeship yet we dont know how much of the course we will fit in. I hope to be able to cram the whole lot in but i wont know until we run the apprenticeship.

6. steve

steve Well-Known Member

On holiday? tsch

7. Matt

by the looks/sounds of things i might just be on holiday next week also ! Roll on the summer holidays !!!

... o hang on, i still have a LVT course running :( short lived holiday.

I love it tho :)

8. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Would you get an NVQ from this course Matt ?

9. Matt

NO, we wont hand out a NVQ for doing a course. To get a NVQ you will have to be assessed in the real world on a real job. If we simply handed out NVQ's after doing a course then you would have taxi drivers and all types passing with no real world experience.

10. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

11. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

What more Taxi drivers ? What do you get then ? Is it an advanced course ?

12. Matt

You get a certificate of ATTENDANCE. Basically you have attended a course. We do not put on teh certificate that you are qualified or approved etc.

However you might want to take the accreditation? you have the option of staying a extra day and being put through a multiple choice test and a full practicle ability test. You will have no help off a instructor on the test day.You will be given a job sheet and you will have to follow the job sheet to complete the task. A assessor will when your finished strip up your work looking for faults. You will be scored on how many faults the assessor finds and this will end up with either a pass or fail.

IF you pass the accreditation test then Cskills Awards / city & guilds will issue you a officially recognised certificate and add your accreditation pass to your personal qualifications and list with CSCS etc that you have passed.

There is a additional charge for the accreditation test as we need to cover materials and we also have to pay cskills awards for the admin and issuing a certificate.