Carpet monster underlay?

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Little Miss, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Little Miss

Little Miss Member

Anyone heard of it? The fitter can't get the carpet I want, therefore in having to order it online and he'll fit it. Same website that has the carpet has Carpet Monster underlay 8mm and 10mm and I was wondering whether can advise whether the underlay is good enough. The carpet is Montana Silk by Bajong (Lano)

Thank you in advance!

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

A customer of mine had it when they bought their carpet and if I remember rightly it wasn't that great. It feels like super lightweight foam and no weight to it, fealt to soft.

Get yourself some cloud 9 connoisseur 10mm

3. Little Miss

Little Miss Member

Thank you! I thought the price seemed a little too cheap. Don't suppose you have any opinions o the carpet? The fitter had never heard of it??

Thank you again:)

4. Rugmunching

I had a look through my samples because I was wondering if it was any good but not got it.
    It's coming up as a soft Saxony but how soft I don't know.

5. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the carpet is one we ordered in a couple of times for an architect. Roll only range. But that might be another of the Montana sub-range. If I remember right, it was a bit like Trident but with a Hercules/Magnificus like feel.

6. Little Miss

Little Miss Member

It feels pretty soft but I'm obviously not an expert! I don't think the budget can stretch to connoisseur, is the cirrus a decent enough alternative?

Thanks again!

7. Little Miss

Little Miss Member

I got a sample online and it feels very soft. None of the fitters can get hold of it however I'm hoping that it is of a good quality as I'm going to have to order it myself.

Thanks again!

8. Rugmunching

Cirrus and cumulus are both decent underlays.

9. Little Miss

Little Miss Member

That's great! Will probably go with the 9mm as the 11mm will possibly be too much as the carpet is quite dense. However if I can stretch the budget, I'm going with the connoisseur!

Thanks yet again! :)

10. Little Miss

Little Miss Member

The sample measures about 17mm I depth including the backing. Feels very deep and soft, very similar to Magnificus as you stated earlier. Overall I'm happy! I know it will flatten however with 9mm Cloud 9, I think it's going to feel like a dream!

I got the sample from carpets and floors online . co . uk (I'm not allowed to post the link)

Thanks for both of your help!