Carpetright Supertop Twist real name

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Livvy Rawlings, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Livvy Rawlings

Livvy Rawlings New Member

Hiya, I’m wondering if anyone can help me find the real names for Carpetright Supertop Twist in these colours please:
    Linen heather
    Winter sky
    Slate
    Stone
    Gypsum heather

Still very undecided on which colour to go for so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know

2. Simon Grimley

Simon Grimley Well-Known Member

I believe it’s AW Stainguard/Harvest. An ok budget carpet but nothing special.
    What areas are you looking to have it in?

3. Livvy Rawlings

Livvy Rawlings New Member

Hiya, thinking of having it in the living room and also stairs and landing. We’re pretty certain we will be getting that carpet (I think!) just not sure on the colours

4. Simon Grimley

I personally wouldn’t recommend it for those areas. It’s a single ply carpet and won’t last particularly well especially on stairs.
    There are far better options for £19.00 a square meter.

5. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Agree with Simon, that'll look battered in 6mth up and down them stairs.

6. Jax

Jax Member

Hi Simon , I’m interested to know which carpets you would recommend for stairs ? Thank you .

7. Simon Grimley

It’s not a simple answer as will depend on the people in the house, how you use the stairs (ie work from home and up and down all day or just a few times) and what you want to spend.
    However as a guide look for a 2 or 3 ply carpet with a tight, dense pile. Wool is best for longevity in appearance and a shorter pile will outlast a longer one.

8. Jax

Jax Member

Thank you for your reply . I really appreciate it. I’m possibly thinking of the
    Wharfdale Twist 40oz Carpet.
    It’s a 80/20 wool/melt bond twist pile 2 ply so hoping that pile will be ok .

9. Simon Grimley

Is that the Hugh Mackay one? If so then that's a good carpet, make sure it's fitted on a suitable underlay (some manufacturers specify this but I'm not sure with Hugh Mackay) by a good installer and it should last years.