Cheap floor job :)

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by bournemouth, Jul 18, 2012.

1. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Very odd mate

2. bournemouth

bournemouth Super Moderator

They were already cut off as kitchen and hall had laminate down originally

3. tarkett85

What ? How'd he manage to cock the plate up then, no matter how cheap it was i'd be proper annoyed.

4. bournemouth

The door just cleared the old so when the new went down same thickness it still just cleared but the bar stood to high I find out on wed what the out come is if he's going to put right some how or me cut back and replace carpet

5. tarkett85

What a tit, how long would it have taken him to do it correctly? 2 minutes

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

if we was to be fair i would say 8 mins including removing door and refitting.

That to some maybe 8 minutes of un paid time. If a house full with 7 doors then that 7 doors (3 bed house) = 56 minutes. (thats working on every door needing trimming)

Round that up its 1 hours extra work on a house full.

So if we think about the complaint above and the time spent on phone and returning to discuss with a unhappy customer........ well i think its far to say that take out fuel and wasted time that you could of cut all the doors in the house.

Stupidity if you ask me not to simply cut doors as part of the service.

7. Djwfloors

Djwfloors Member

Unreal, customer should have got you to do it properly, he should sort....bet he never goes back though, seen loads of these incidents....

8. bournemouth

Finally got an answer on what happening with floor today he wants the chance to put it right as a sorry to customer but he wasn't happy about paying for another 4m wide carpet when he only needs 1.9 wide as it would cost him £240 so I've offered to sell him the other half from what I used for £190 he wasn't happy but brought cash round earlyer :)

9. flooringman

flooringman Well-Known Member

Fair play to him that he has held his hands up and done something about it - many would have just ignored the problem and turned off their phones!!!

10. tarkett85

Doesn't sound a bad guy just a bit in over his head, could do with going on a bwfa course maybe would probably realise he undercharged.

11. Tina

Tina Guest

:p we provide good flooring underlay to protect flooring,my BLAH BLAH !

No advertising on the forum unless your a sponsor.

Maybe you should email [email protected] if you would like to become a sponsor of the forum or maybe better for you to sponsor the U.K's largest floorcoverings training center. We will pass on any emails.

Regards
    Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012