Design tips for carpet and rugs

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by carpet couture, Dec 11, 2017.

1. carpet couture

carpet couture Member

Let’s talk about Carpet Couture. I like to use wall-to-wall carpet in bedroom areas and cozy lounge spaces. For me a low-pile berber or a low-pile shag is the way to go, because they’re styles that span the test of time and they go with different styles of furniture. Another reason I like to use a low-pile carpet, is it makes it easy to layer a rug on top. I like to do this in the bedroom because it’s nice to anchor the space, ground the room, and add a little bit of color.

Plus, if you have kids, wall-to- wall carpet makes it a great, healthy, cozy spot to run around on, and they can crawl and jump around with a soft place to land. Carpet also improves the acoustics of a room and reduces noise. I also love to wake up with soft carpet under my feet. As a bonus, the Carpet & Rug Institute also let us know that it keeps allergens out of the air!

On the first floor of the Midway House, there are hardwood floors everywhere and we needed to make the entry space feel inviting and warm. We used a rug to ground the space, and if we didn’t use a rug everything would feel like it was floating! The rug really helps designates a really great entry area.

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. neilrj

neilrj Active Member

So the advert appears, sloppily disguised as a photo...

4. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

Next day delivery from India?

5. neilrj

neilrj Active Member

He'll promise then blame Royal Mail like everyone else does ;-)

6. carpet couture

carpet couture Member

yes we can delivery you can send your requirements.

7. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Ahh you taking requests....in that case my request would be "do one"