Distinctive Flooring - any good?

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Arla, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Arla

Arla Active Member

So I have had a quote for Karndean Art Select but have come across on this forum some mentions of Distinctive Flooring - I called their offices in Bradford and to be honest though the person over the phone was polite and honest they said they didnt have any product knowledge and I should go to a retailer to find out more.

I was also confused that the person mentioned Distinctive distribute LVT but do not manufacture it, they make carpets. I only called because I was checking whether they had more collections that have not been added to their website as I was looking for a stone effect LVT.

2. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Mflor was the only decent one they supplied which they dont any more :rolleyes:

3. Arla

Arla Active Member

So you cannot get it in the UK anymore?

4. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

5. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

They do some "white label" ranges, in my place of work they're called Universal (universallvt.co.uk) but Distinctive are relasing some new ranges soon. I've got a swing arm display on order - supposedly turning up in the next month or so. Lots of new designs not even on their website yet. Looks really nice in the catalogue and the quality of the Universal has been superb.

6. Catflap

Catflap Member

Perfect timing for this thread to come along...
    I basically have the exact same question. Popped into a local supplier today to look at what other options we have having just looked at Karndean Van Gogh so far. Had a few samples of the Distinctive Signature through the post so wanted to have a look at what else they did. As mentioned above it looks like they have a new range out called Landscape which comes in a nice big plank 9x60.

Any reason to pick the distinctive or the Karndean or vice versa? Are you better sticking to one of the big names should there be any future issues?Anything else worth considering at a mid price point?

7. Arla

Arla Active Member

Is there any reason why you dropped mFlor? If you produce your own is it virgin PVC and not recycled?

8. Arla

Arla Active Member

I am not sure I followed you. Are Universal LVT made my mFlor?

I think it's going to be another circuit around local shops and fitters - I am only after glue down put in by a pro - not going the DIY route as I am poor at DIY and for the size of kitchen not worth it.

9. Arla

Arla Active Member

As far as I know - Distinctive was the sole UK distributor of mFlor which is a highly regarded LVT make by those in the know but now Distinctive supply their own brand of LVT of which I do not know what that is like.

Please note, I am just like you trying to google and find advice which those on this forum kindly provide.

10. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

11. Distinctive Adam

Hi, I no longer work as part of distinctive flooring, although had done for 5.5yrs, I can state that mflor is one of the best products manufactured anywhere across the globe, distinctive decided they wanted to go in a different direction with their offering so mflor then partnered up with harvey Maria and renamed 4 ranges under their new craftsman collection, support if anything goes wrong it starts at the place you buy it and usually gets backed up from the supplier behind the product. They were buying from 3 factories, now 2 but will end with 1....mainly because its the cheapest.

12. Arla

Arla Active Member

Looking at the Harvey Maria website I cannot see the craftsmen collection.

Well I am based in Hudds so will be finding a local fitter and supplier as my first choice.

It does seem there are good products out there but they need to be marketed better - it's all very confusing and it's no wonder you just end up going with Karndean.

13. Distinctive Adam

Harvey Maria are brilliant at marketing, try m series craftsman collection