Excellio help please

Discussion in 'Subfloor Preparation' started by Danmarshy83, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Danmarshy83

Danmarshy83 Member

Hi all.

firstly apologies if I’m posting this into the wrong thread. I’m not very technical but am seeking some advise/help with a screed related question.

I am currently renovating an old house, my builder has used excellio (low depth top flow screed) to even up some very uneven floors throughout the downstairs before we add myson underfloor heating on top (Myson Microboard system) of the level floors.

The excellio screed that’s gone down is from tarmac (I can’t post the link unfortunately as I’m new to this)

I’m really not technical (as you can probably guess) and have no knowledge about this sort of stuff but I wondered if my builder needs to do anything now the excellio has been put down? Someone mentioned to me grinding but I have no idea what this means and want to ensure my builder is doing the right thing before my underfloor heating goes down.

thanks for your help

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Your best of speaking to tarmac about what prep is needed. They are pretty helpful company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Its Gavlon so would need to be grinded

4. Danmarshy83

Danmarshy83 Member

Thanks, I’m really to sorry to ask this, but what does grinded mean and what does that do?

5. Danmarshy83

Danmarshy83 Member

Thanks for your reply, it’s been preped and applied now (4days old) but I’m just trying to understand what is needed after application prior to myson microboard underfloor heating being applied.

6. Danmarshy83

Danmarshy83 Member

Thanks for your reply, I’m really to sorry to ask this (as I know nothing), but what does grinded mean and what does that do?

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

You need to mechanically sand the surface. The company that installed it should of already come back to do that. I can’t see your plumber doing it. It also needs to dry out before the ufh. It dries out around 1mm per day in normal conditions

8. Danmarshy83

Danmarshy83 Member

thanks again.

mine final question, why do you need to mechanically sand the area?

9. Danmarshy83

Danmarshy83 Member

UTV by the

10. merit

merit Well-Known Member

It sets with a surface that slows the drying process and is weak to bond to.