FloorSkills courses FEEDBACK thread

Discussion in 'Flooring Courses' started by admin1, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Not many carpets fitters even know the correct methods for fitting never mind do it on a day to day basis as a majority just learn from there mate & have'nt actually had any official training as such !

2. sam sanders

sam sanders Well-Known Member

hi,

just recently got back from the 'LVT click course' at floorskills, and I was very impressed with the full training centre and all the information covered in the course, first day subfloor prep was very useful learnt a lot of stuff about different subfloors and different products that are out there on the market, all stuff I never knew before. Then the second day went threw installing LVT click which again was very useful day I haven't touched to product before going on the course but left feeling confident enough to go out and start fitting it.

So overall I had a great 2 days there would defiantly be interested in going again,

Thanks Sam.

3. gazhugs

gazhugs Well-Known Member

Have just completed the 4 day BWFA Herringbone & Parquetry Real Wood Installation, and the Subfloor Prep level 1 course at Floorskills, Very pleased indeed with the course and what was learned, every element is high quality, the facility, the instructors and the course content...Many thanks to Sid, Matt and Daniel for everything, from the lunchtime food and drink to the top tips and do's and don'ts...Already looking forward to another visit later in the year...

Best Regards Gary

4. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thanks Gaz,

Glad you enjoyed your visit to FloorSkills.

PS, we welcome any negative comments also. We are either doing everything to perfection or people think that any small negatives are not worth mentioning. No matter how small, if there is room for improvement then let us know! I dont care how small we want to know. Was the water hot enough in the kettle for example?

5. Steve cane

Steve cane Well-Known Member

ok well seeing as you asked! I did a 2 day course which included 1 day floor prep and i day wood. Your knowledge is 1st class but ifelt it was a bit rushed and when you were asked questions you seemed a bit impatient with a couple of people on my course? Not sure if you were having a bad day but chucking a marker pen halfway accross the warehouse when it didn't work would sort of suggest that! Lol it's a shame we all didn't get to have a go at doing the templating as well instead of just watching you do it? Overall i'm glad i did it but i wouldn't come back sorry,just so you know the guy i teamed up with was also of the same opinion.Judging by the excellent feedback you get i'm in a minority with my comments but just being honest about my experience.

6. Spacey

Not everyone can harness the power of the force !

7. Matt

Hi Steve,

Sorry you was not happy. I have looked and it was over 6 months ago when you came along? Wish you let me know a bit sooner but never mind. I will look up who else was on your course and give them a call to apologize if they felt the answers was short.

Regards
    Matt

8. gazhugs

gazhugs Well-Known Member

Nothing negative to comment on Matt, easily the best quality course i've had the good fortune to go on...the instructors depth of knowledge and the ability to pass that on in an understandable non complicated way was good for me as a contractor, i sometimes [often] struggle a bit to take in technical info, but there is always time to ask any of you to go over stuff again so the penny eventually drops :confused:

Thanks again for a quality course...look forward to seeing the facility when the extensions/improvements are finished.

Regards Gary

9. Matt

Hi Steve,

Just a update on your complaint you raised above. Obviously i would like to get to the bottom of it so we can improve for the future. If your not happy then im not happy so im doing my best to rectify your feedback so it does not happen again.

I have contacted almost all on your course and so far they all give 100% feedback. So at least i have narrowed down the other other couple who might not be happy as you suggested. I will try and contact them again. We had a meeting today where we will offer another course free of charge if they are generally not happy in what the course covered and anything they feel was not answered the first time around.

I have sent you a few PM messages asking for more feedback so i can action every issue you have concern with. The only feedback i have received of you is that "i" personally said " i dont like Mondays " Im sorry i made this comment but im sure i would of made the comment in jest as i had just spilt my cup of tea down myself or similar. Im sorry if this was taken as a serious note by yourself or anyone else. My error and i can assure you that in future i wont make jokes or say things that could possibly be taken seriously.

However if you could please take a few minutes of your time to help me improve by answering the other PM messages you read it would be greatly appreciated in myself correcting any other issues you had. We aim to be the best, we take negative comments very seriously and we would like to update the users of the forum what our mistakes are / was and hopefully report back that we have rectified any issues for future courses.

Please let me know if you would like to attend another course FREE of charge to see if we have improved.

many regards

Matt

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  10. Bow Flooring

Bow Flooring Well-Known Member

uploadfromtaptalk1397760069377.jpg
    First lvt ever fitted trainer was top notch and made it very easy to understand methods and characteristics of lvt
    Best course I've been on!!!
    Lvt lvl2

11. stinger

stinger Active Member

Hi all I was on the laminate course with Sid teaching and it was great Sid knows everything and is easy to talk to if your not sure about something. I did the floor prep course when I did the lvt course and it was very Indepth and I learnt more than I have on other floor prep courses and we were all given the chance to be hands on if we wanted to. I think Matt just looks grumpy you can't blame him for how he look lol . Can I have a free course now

12. Spacey

Ha ha pmsl

13. Matt

Hi Stinger, really appreciate your feedback as i understand you was on the same course as Steve who pointed out a weak point we are trying to rectify?

Yes i was born with a grumpy look lol. Cant help how i look, some people are ugly, some people look like Joey Essex with a blazing white smile. I will agree i look grumpy lol. Still i will stick with grumpy look over Joey Essex or been plain ugly LOL.

thanks again

14. stinger

stinger Active Member

Hi Steve I was on the same course with you it's a real shame you feel you did not get as much from it as you wanted but you should have Spoken to Matt I said in a earlier post he just looks grumpy but his not really he will give you all the help you need and I hope to see you back at Floorskills one day

15. dannyboy

dannyboy Well-Known Member

I was at floorskills yesterday for the lvt accreditation. I've met Matt on 2 occasions and Daniel once. Both in my mind will do anything to help if you just ask ! Although I wasn't ther to learn yesterday I still came away learning something !! I will certainly be back for more courses when funds allow. Worth every penny in my mind.
    Many thanks Matt

16. RAFIK

RAFIK Active Member

I finished 4 day BWFA Herringbone & Parquetry Real Wood Installation, and the Subfloor Prep level 1 course at Floorskills couple of weeks ago. I was extremely positive with the course and the instructors - Sid and Matt. Very happy about what I learned. As a foreign I found the course very clear and understanable. My every question was taken seriously and I always get very indepth and not complicated answer.

P.S. - Pizza was delicious:D

Many Thanks

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  17. Steve cane

Steve cane Well-Known Member

i think maybe this was the problem! I personally felt Matt was not in a good mood that day walking up and down the workshop like a mad man lol at the end of the day this is just my personal opinion whether right or wrong! I did learn alot from the course which is the most important thing so no negative comments about the training. My only regret was that i didn't choose the LVT course as doing Laminates is not really for me.

18. Spacey

Go back & do the LVT course then !

I have a saying "try anything twice"

19. UVcure

UVcure Well-Known Member

Ok so miserable Matt has to have a tool box talk,
    With the heading " happiness in the workplace" :p

Or get a joker smile put on, lol

20. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

I like to try things twice just in case I didn't enjoy it as much the first time....