Gateshead area

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Jonah, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Jonah

Jonah Member

That sounds good mate cheers, hopefully he's true to his word and gives me my money back so i can get this sorted

2. Jonah

Jonah Member

Had a bit of a result with flooring contractor.It seems my living room should be ok as is but the hallway, where it keeps lifting is due to building work i had done prior to flooring being installed. Some areas of floor were filled in, one part being to a depth of 40mm .Its thought 2 weeks hasnt been enough drying time before applying acrylic screed and lvt the day after. Does this sound legit to anyone?

3. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Acclimatise 2/3 days is not needed imo.
    In November you would have to tell people to leave their heating on 24hrs a day to keep room temperature.
    I like the planks to be a fraction colder then the room they are being laid in. So we put them in a house the day before laying and in a cool place.
    Also a old house needs a dpm. My rule is if the subfloor is pre 1980 it has one. 1965 was when they started putting them in but the early ones are really thin.

Did they price up to level the floor or smooth it ?

4. Jonah

Jonah Member

[QUOTE="dazlight, post:

Did they price up to level the floor or smooth it ?[/QUOTE]
    The house was built in 1965, I pointed out lumps and bumps when he priced asking if I needed to get them sorted first and he said not to worry as the acrylic self leveller would sort that out. I could live with it if only the damn stuff was stuck properly