Hand stitched Bullnose

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by Moyle, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Moyle

Moyle Well-Known Member

Worth doing the course? Never done one but interested in learning, was just thinking it'd be another string to my bow.

thoughts?

2. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

I’d say so yes mate. Great to offers a customer something no one else can.

3. Roidsey

Roidsey Well-Known Member

Yup, I think they look great done well, also most can't or can't be assed to do them so you will stand out from the rest mate

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Defo do the course. Lots to learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Floorskills do a great course, done elsewhere but the guys at Floorskills will show you way more stuff

6. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

Learned how to do one around 1985 with RBI Europe Carpet Consultants at an advanced fitting course at Kidderminster College.

Although they can look great, I never did more than a few of them on site as the stitched seam is right on the part of the bull that is walked on, and I considered that this would prematurely wear.

I do a waterfall bull but attach circular section under nose with staple gun and pull riser very tight onto gripper at newel post. Think its a better job.

7. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Any pics of that Samson? Only really seen cap an band and hand stitiched

8. Samson

Samson Well-Known Member

Next time I do one I'll take a photo and post it on here. Its a very common way of doing it around Newcastle. May be a week or two as I only fit a couple of days a week now.