Heads up , funding is ending

Discussion in 'NVQ/CSCS FLOORING ASSESSMENTS' started by Matt, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Quick heads up for you all that don't at the moment have a NVQ.

Funding is being halved and you will soon have to pay towards your NVQ. (approx £395 we are guessing)

PM straight away if you want to get your NVQ FREE. We have 4 weeks left! Also if you have spoken to me before about getting your NVQ and are awaiting for us to be in your area then also PM me. I dont want to miss anyone by mistake. At the moment a NVQ is obtained by us (flooring assessments) coming to work with you and assessing you on a job

However, there is also other options. We have struck up a deal with colleges / government etc that they will PAY for you to attend FloorSkills Training center to undertake our courses FREE of charge. The deal is you get a total of 20 days worth of courses and as a Bonus a NVQ will be included FREE at the end. YES, FREE, FREE Training courses and FREE NVQ at the end.

Whats the catch ? Ummm, well only one. Your FREE NVQ at the end of you claiming your FREE training courses will not be completed until 12 months after you first attend teh training center. So if you was to attend today '6/7/12' then you wont get a NVQ until the '6/7/13' ( so no good to someone needing a NVQ within the next 12 months)

2. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

no comment from me.. lol

3. Matt

all PM,s replied to.

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What about the apprentice funding mate. Mine starts next year.

5. Matt

Onsite NVQ Funding only mate.

Its all changing to apprenticeships. We have full funding for apprenticeships and as above we are now approved for you all (time served installers without a NVQ) to come along and get 22 days of Floorskills training courses FREE, amazing deal form the Goverment.

Not only can you get a NVQ at the end of it but you can be trained for free in something you may not already install. Could be you want to learn LVT etc.

6. oddbod_jnr

oddbod_jnr Well-Known Member

nice ,pm me details if poss please matt would jump at the chance.

7. scotflooring

scotflooring Well-Known Member

Another kick in the balls for staying in Scotland..:(

8. Matt

im working on it mate. There may be light at end of the tunnel

9. scotflooring

scotflooring Well-Known Member

Woohoo!:):)

10. stinger

stinger Active Member

I would like to learn to fit lvt how do i go about it I have done nvq with carpetright but been told we may not be getting it now because of funding if this is the case what happens to the £200 paid to young **********

Please refrain from posting peoples personal names. Especially when the comment above is incorrect.

Admin

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  11. Matt

Who told you that? load of rubbish mate.

Anyone who is/was signed up before the 1st August 2012 their funding will be held by which ever college is doing your NVQ.

All NVQ's are on a major go slow at moment due to change over etc but like i say above, anyone who was signed up before 1st August 2012 has nothing to worry about. That being for any NVQ provider or college that is doing the NVQ for you.

All NVQ providers are stuck in the slow boat at moment due to all the changes and swaps in funding etc.

Anyway, we can offer apprenticeship to you also if you are employed or LTD?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  12. davejackbrown

davejackbrown Well-Known Member

can you please give me a ring so I can get all your info, and I will sort for you the info you have is not correct and I will sort this for you.

regards Dave Brown 07515885912

13. stinger

stinger Active Member

sorry did not no that