Help finding name of a Tapi Carpet

Discussion in 'Carpet / Textile' started by ClaireB83, May 7, 2023.

1. ClaireB83

ClaireB83 New Member

Hi all! I've finally found a carpet that ticks all the boxes and the perfect color in Tapi! Does anyone know its real.name? It's an Eco Range called TreadKindly. They do varies qualities....After the Flow in Sand.
    Thanks so much in advance

2. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

This has to be a BOT. Nobody could repeatedly be this daft.

3. Paulio

Paulio Active Member

everyone will eventually go out of business if customers keep sourcing their own. Shops have overheads, if they cease to exist everyone else would put their prices up. SUPPORT YOUR HIGH STREET

4. AngryAndy

An evangelist of the high street who hasn't thought out
    I would love to know what you do for a living and who you work for. You have posted this not very well thought through comment in another post about Carpetright and below I will repeat the response but not before pointing out that the large nationwide carpet businesses are generally the most expensive stores to go to and are usually found on out of town retail parks, not actually on a high street.

Anyway, here is my repeated reply to your repeated (incorrect) assertion that we are destroying the high street.

Going to an independant carpet & flooring business instead of a large nationwide retailer is supporting your high street, and you generally get a better service from knowledgeable staff giving sound advice and an installation by fully trained tradesmen who care about their reputation.

It's somewhat like going to a local family run fruit & veg shop as opposed to Tesco's or Sainsbury's. It's the large out of town retailers like super markets that are killing our high streets.

Also, most of the professionals on this site have shops and showrooms on high streets across the UK and they need support or you will get yourself a nice new charity shop in their place.

5. Paulio

Paulio Active Member

Hello. I’m a fitter of 30 years + experience, ta. The large nationwide retailers are not ‘generally’ the most expensive to go to, a lot of the smaller independent retailers can’t actually compete with some of their prices, but of course on occasion they can. Also if your an independent flooring retailer on the high street and I’m an urging people to support the high street and your having a pop at me for it then that doesn’t really make sense.

6. Paulio

Paulio Active Member

I was of course referring to people whom source all their primary materials, carpets, vinyl, LVT off the internet. If your happy with the public buying their cloud 9, bars, gripper off EBay, their carpets from carpets to your door, then happy days. They won’t be visiting you on the high street my friend.

7. AngryAndy

You say they aren't generally the most expensive but go on to say "a lot of the smaller independent retailers can’t actually compete with some of their prices, but of course on occasion they can." which pretty much says that they are generally the most expensive because the independent can only "occasionally" compete.

Most requests for the real name that we see here are from regular members/contributors who are in the flooring business and are attempting to compete with the large retailer.

As for having a pop at you for defending the high street I simply pointed out that the large retailers are the ones killing the high streets. I strongly defended the high street and those small traders, flooring businesses and otherwise, trying to make a living there while competing with the large retailers and supermarkets who use their purchasing power to the detriment of the smaller trader and often their suppliers. I also argued that these larger business are not actually on the high street anymore, they are at the out of town retail parks that are most certainly killing high streets and town centres with the assistance of short sighted town councillors.

Now reading your reply I believe what you are really doing here is condemning helping the consumer to use ebay or other online retailers.

I understand the frustration with online buyers and retailers but those that are minded to try to cut out the high street are going to continue to try and we are you are never going to stop them.

If they come to you to fit it you have a number of options:
    1) Refuse the job
    2) Fit it and simply charge them for your time
    3) Fit it and and build into the costs what you would have made had you supplied and fitted.

I am not a carpet fitter, but I did once have a go at it and I know how difficult is because I was awful I would put my money on most them needing a professional fitter to install their newly purchased materials or at least to fix the awful job that they as a DIY'er will probably do.

Best regards