Hi all

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by RPB, Mar 9, 2015.

1. RPB

RPB Super Moderator Staff Member

4 weeks of my 23 year sentence to go lol.... (Almost 1 year after my first post here)

2. RPB

2 days to go......, reality kicking in big time now....

3. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

What jobs are lined up mate. Just LVT ?

4. RPB

Just LVT for the time being... Taking 10 days off.., first job on 18th, and waiting for a response from 2 quotes... (Certain they'll be accepted)

I have a few contacts down this way.., so should get more work from them..., also if need be, willing to travel..

Site work is out of the question, I take too much pride in my work..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Not all us site fitters are crap rpb, firm I work for take pride in their reputation for high quality, they pay well and expect high standards from us and not sure the £2m houses We are putting 200m2 of amtico signature in would be happy with crap work either considering cost and the prestige development involved.

6. RPB

I was more so referring to new build estates etc...

7. pf flooring

Again which is what I was talking about, my standard is very high and I only do new builds, there's as many cowboys who do domestic as there will be doing new builds so to think it's a new build only problem is ignorant to be frank.

8. pf flooring

It's the fitter not the type of work you that dictates standard, I've seen more crap fitters domestically than on site in my experience as there is more firms for them to keep moving between.

9. RPB

Maybe you do maintain high standards..., but the work I've seen in new builds is nothing but shoddy...

10. G.W Flooring

G.W Flooring Well-Known Member

I mainly do domestic but 6 year ago only did commercial.

I agree with pf flooring there are as many cowboys in the domestic side as commercial side. To tar everyone with the same brush seems a bit harsh imo.

11. pf flooring

Exactly, hence why im taking offence (as a new build fitter) as its bollocks to be blunt, its like me saying anybody who hasn't done a training course or has a nvq is automatically a crap fitter, its just a really ignorant way of thinking to believe because you have seen one or two jobs on a new builds that were not very good in your opinion that we are all like that.

12. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Pf here.
    New build is not something I do loads of now, but I have in the past.
    Not everyone smashes it down, then on to the next.
    Also, you can be quick, but good.
    Our work is 99% commercial, and also supply & fit. If we turned out a load of shit work, that would be over every quickly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. RPB

PF, you may disagree., I'm only saying what I've seen.. Guess the poor flooring I've seen in new builds must of been installed by the tea boy :)