Independent Inspections...

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by carpetfitter, Jan 20, 2013.

1. carpetfitter

carpetfitter Well-Known Member

Anyone know much about these guys or had any dealing with them??

Independent Inspections

2. Neilydun

Neilydun Well-Known Member

Are these the guys you have to pay, to get on there list ?
    If so, (and i`m not sure) there was an article about them in CFJ.
    Basically they are ripping people off, taking money, and not giving any work.
    I used to work for a shop, that did get some work from them, always Cavalier Carpets I think.

3. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I've done two jobs direct for the customer where ii have been paying for it. They make their own rules up as they go along. One of them tried to retain 15% off the end? The second job they didn't pay for 45 days?

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

They are the intermediates that most insurance companies use, if you quote was cheaper they used to give a mandate number and you could claim direct, then they wanted 15% to get on their "approved" supplier list, which I refused. The only option now is for the customer to get a cash settlement, which they try to take 15% off, if the customer is willing to argue they can't enforce this, btw they are crap and dont know what they are talking about as regards carpets anyway, most of the time.

5. coolevilangel

coolevilangel Well-Known Member

yeh, im on the list, dont think i'll renew as never got a sausage from them
    Massive article in the cfj not long ago basically saying they swindling toss pots
    avoid

6. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Oh dear, so you didn't bring home the bacon then...;)

7. g4l

g4l Well-Known Member

Lean times we live in, people dont want to fork out anymore and rasher their (dispos) edible income.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  8. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

Well, all I can say is that one day they will end up with egg on their face..

9. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

I'll give them 12 months before they're gone completely but sadly carpetright are taking over:eek: a little birdie let slip what mr harris is up to.

10. butch

butch Well-Known Member

headlams are now making agreements with one of the intermediates (forgot name) for the insurance companies and lifestyle range holders are getting the options of the work on certain terms our rep was in last week talking about it think they are after independant inspections work sounds promising

11. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Baileys Bristol, (headlam) have an open week this week, and there was s'thing on yesterday about "new insurance work initiative ) too busy to go though;) will have to give the rep a call.