KARNDEAN: (1) SIZE OF INDIVIDUAL TILES (2) DISCONTINUED STOCK

Discussion in 'General Flooring Chat' started by SKN, Oct 23, 2017.

1. SKN

SKN New Member

Hello there - is there any chance someone could help me? I need to replace 20 Karndean floor tiles - Knight Tile - T87 - Calcite.
    This is a discontinued design and I am finding it difficult. Having managed to source some tiles on ebay I find that they measure 305 x 305, whereas my original ones measure 405 x 405 - have Karndean changed their measurements?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

easily sorted size wise, get a fitter with a guillltoine to do it for you they can trim the tiles to size with factory finished edges, problem is I highly doubt that the tiles will look same colour or texture once down and csaught in the light

3. SKN

SKN New Member

Thank you for replying, and I agree that unfortunately the tiles will probably look different to the original ones. However, it is the new ones that are smaller and I apparently can't reuse the old ones to cut them to size.

4. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Are you sure its definitely knight tile you've got ? They've never come in 16 x 16 inch as I'm aware of only 12x12

5. SKN

SKN New Member

Well, that’s what I ordered - Now I’m beginning to wonder what I actually was given! The colour looked right at the time.

6. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

Is your tile bevelled?

7. SKN

SKN New Member

Very slightly

8. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

I was thinking maybe you have da vinci range but they have a prominent bevelled edge. Any pics??

9. pf flooring

pf flooring Well-Known Member

Michaelango range had a bevel didn't it?