Karndean and underfloor heating

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by MFerg, Aug 19, 2020.

1. MFerg

MFerg New Member

Hi
    We are currently in the middle of doing a self build. Our underfloor heating was put in back in December and the concrete and a self levelling screed put down.
    The supplier of Karndean will not put the flooring in until our heating has been on for 3 weeks. Is this correct? It's seems like a long time considering the concrete was poured last December.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

We usually say 2 weeks. There’s a few reasons why you should run your heating before the flooring is installed. You should take the advise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. J d clarkson flooring

J d clarkson flooring Well-Known Member

Your lucky he’s even considering installing it at all...... have you done a moisture test on the slab, is it concrete how thick is the slab.
    What type of levelling compound was used as if it was water based chances are as soon a you turn heating on it may blow.
    Based on experience I be taking the leveller up if I don’t know exactly which one it is and doing a moisture test to see if it’s dry.
    If you haven’t even had it on yet it may not be and cracking it on May cause failure.
    It should have been commissioned by now, he is basically asking for this by saying it needs to be on for 3 weeks.

4. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

If a self levelling compound has been put down and left open it will fail