Karndean fitted but not too impressed.

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Peter daley, Jul 26, 2019.

1. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Bit far out for us but at least he’s doing something to rectify it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

So he admitted it still isn't good enough?

Frightening that he hasn't got any better fitters available :eek: imagine how many households have the same mess!!

3. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Frightening, but not surprising, finding good lvt fitters is harder than you would think

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  4. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

Trimmer or merit on here might be able to help.

5. Yiddo1982

Yiddo1982 Well-Known Member

So did you ask him why he didn't sand the floor down or fit the tiles correctly to the border the first time and why he thought it was acceptable to just leave it how it was

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

6. Peter daley

Peter daley Member

No I didn’t ask him that ,personally I think it was a lack of experience with lvt plus trying to knock the job out quickly.
    The first time it was fitted they did it in a day & I got the impression they rushed it.
    Latest news is that the retailer has now found a fitter who can come and put right the areas that still need doing so hopefully we will get it sorted. Watch this space.

7. Rugmunching

Rugmunching Well-Known Member

....and mind that gap o_O

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. I’ve just been out to look at a carpet job. The fitter has done such a bad job it all needs taking up and re doing, new gripper, underlay, the lot. I put a price in to fix it and I get a call from the shop owner the next day accusing me of charging too much. His first question was how much do I charge per m2 to fit carpet lol. There’s a real lack of respect for decent fitters I’m afraid and the customer bears the brunt of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List