Karndean on floating floor

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Rod Evans, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Rod Evans

Rod Evans Active Member

Thanks Gents,
    There's no specific design borders as I've seen on the Gallery here ...which look fantastic by the way!...I think that'd push the limited budget to much.

Probably no surprise that I've got quotes advising different ways of laying it all down, with some using 5mm Latex directly onto 18mm or 22mm T&G ply...others cross laying 6mm on 18mm and then Latex...and another laying 6mm on 18mm and feathering out before all laying VG Karndean.

I'm guessing that the 6mm on 18mm plus 5mm Epoxy is THE best and most secure way for warranties etc?

Also, I posted a question on the Sub-floor forum about semi-securing a floating floor...if anyone fancies chipping in;)

2. Jordieheath

Jordieheath New Member

Hi Mate,

I have been using sp101 Ply, Primer 131 and stopgap 700 flex resin but the latex seems to blow any reason why ? seems to leave like a shadow where the joins of the ply are ?

3. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

How thick did you put the screed down

4. Redfox

Redfox Well-Known Member

Look at it this way bt charges about 200 quid for putting a cable in that takes an hour no one bats an eyelid I fitter crawls around on his knees all day breathing in glue fumes lifting back breaking stuff spends tons on van tools training materials I think we earn every penny better stop the rant got to go cough up some screed and take some pain relief for mi hips knees and back lol