kitchen fitters cheap floor

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by bournemouth, Dec 3, 2013.

1. bournemouth

bournemouth Super Moderator

Another unhappy customer kitchen fitter fitted polyflor camero tiles ( because his quote was cheap ) stuck in tacifier onto a dusty screed on top of a water mix with no primer on top of thermoplastic tiles needless to say it has all blown and come up and being sorted out by us at the cost of the customer

Attached Files:

2. bournemouth

Stuck with thick carpet tile tacifier

Attached Files:

3. G.W Flooring

G.W Flooring Well-Known Member

What a ****ing mess!!!

I feel for customers when this happens. But like my old Nan used to say " You get what you pay for"

4. bournemouth

To be fair the tiles stuck in tacky were stuck like ****e to a blanket and were a pig to get up

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

That's a shocker! See a lot of kitchen fitters taking lvt jobs. Its the set out they get so wrong, little slithers down the side where it cuts into the grouting., looks utter ****e

6. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Oooops that's not good. Hope the kitchen fitters are reimbursing them.

7. DM Flooring

DM Flooring Well-Known Member

Doh!! Just read the bit at the bottom about being sorted at cost to the customer. People really should stick to their own trades.

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

We got the same with a wood floor we have just priced to repair. Bubble in the hallway as they went over a small section of wood block. Shop owner has told the customer he hasn't got the time or the money to sort it out!! And that's a flooring company!

9. Lvtman

Lvtman Well-Known Member

Bloody kitchen fitters, I went to one the kitchen fitter had screeded but didn't have time to fit so they gave us a call. Went there and he had feathered the entire floor his screed was so bad lol. I said. I wonder he said he didn't have time to come back! Poor customers

10. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Picture 2 is just a horror scene!! We have a a couple of local joiners (loose use there) that have started buying lvt from the kitchen company and fitting it themselves. When will they learn? If they can't get enough work for the chosen trade why the hell do they think they can do our job?

11. dannyboy

dannyboy Well-Known Member

I noticed magnet trade sell amtico Spacia. These so called Carpenters/kitchen fitters can barely fit laminate, let alone lvt !!

12. bournemouth

The customer are so peed off with them they dont want to see them let alone have them back to sort it so they get away with it again paid In full and move onto the next poor job

13. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

I sub to a kitchen & bathroom company & there lads do all the bathrooms & some small kitchens if they need plyd.
    I only do there small jobs if they want a border in or something & every one Ive seen is a complete mess but they get away with it most the time anyway.
    I've been asked to redo quite a few & I charge them more than if I did it in the first place but they don't care coz there making a fortune so any replacements are small change.
    I also end up fitting a lot of there Karndean with out being acclimatised coz they order it last minute & even though Ive told them a million times & had a few jions swell (only sh#tetile) they say just fit it because again they don't care.
    But when I tell them a floor needs a dmp & they've already priced without they say yeah no problem ?