Lecol5500 and Lecol7500

Discussion in 'Wood' started by admin1, May 20, 2010.

1. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Two products frequently used when installing parquet floors are about to be permanently removed from the manufacturers range of products.

As per 01.07.2010 both products (Lecol5500 spirit-based parquet adhesive, Lecol7500 spirit based wood filler) will no longer be produced or even shipped due to new changes in the European VOC regulations.

For the adhesive we think of switching back to F. Ball's B92 (or B91) and for the wood-filler we will give Pallman a go.

Any suggestions from others? The "Duofill" replacement Lecol is promoting does not sound it would work as well as the old lecol7500 (plus is has two components) and the new parquet adhesive is rather expensive (more expensive anyway than F.Ball)

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

adhesive are always changing due to VOC Health + safety etc.

I will ask around what others are using instead.

Im thinking of arranging a open day at FBALL or simular for the users on here to see and try new products. Would you be intrested in coming along Karin?

3. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Depends on where "here" is ;-)

At the moment we're house hunting too (the house we're renting is going to be demolished this summer and we'll have to get out quick - or as quick as we can. Pity, lived there for 8 years, house is from 1873 but due to lack of larger maintenance and being on the School grounds with nanny-state Ofsted regulations it's come to the end of the line now).

Really busy with work too, so trying to get everything in order in between jobs. But keep me posted, always interested.

Or for those in the South-East area, KFS - part of IFDA - in Chatham Kent could be in for a day like that too I guess (could ask and help organise?)

4. Matt

hwo are they and what do they do? Your welcome to arrange some sort of day out if you want/have time. Maybe put a post up to see if there is intrest? or pm me the details i will sort something out?

5. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

KFS = Kent Flooring Supplies, rather friendly company we use frequently for accessories like adhesives, entrance mats, sanding equipment (Wolf -Pallman) etc. They have loads of other stuff for carpet/vinyl and other floor coverings.

I'll ask the rep (another woman, so we're on the increase in the trade, hooray ;-))

6. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Something quite funny happened yesterday, after we published in our monthly newsletter that Lecol will remove lecol5500 and lecol7500 from their range due to complying with the new/changed EU VOC regulations. We got this information from Lecol's own newsletter (in Dutch and filled with news how Lecol is making sure professional floor fitters will now only find VOC - green - products in Lecol's range.

Low and behold: the UK rep of Lecol on the phone, one hour after our newsletter was emailed out to over 1250 contacts (clients and some traders, suppliers who subscribed to it too. Some in the trade had been calling him to ask if it was true).

This news, going absolutely green, was just for the Dutch and Belgium market, both (none green) products will still be available in the UK, and I should email everyone again.
    I told him it was a very strange situation and I would put a note in our blog post about it: http://faq.woodyoulike.co.uk/2010/05/vo ... tions.html
    (containing his own words, so everyone who now reads the post about changing products to become greener can make up their own mind. In my mind the UK is being used as "dumping" ground for none VOC complying products, but that's just my opinion ;-))

We won't be using Lecol5500 or lecol7500 any longer, once our (limited) stock is gone, it's gone - no matter if the UK rep tells everyone it is still available here.

Rant over.

7. Matt

just a quick one for you lot,

Woodyoulike has a news letter that they email you once a month. Some intresting info if your a wood fitter or someone liking to learn???

click on their link and subscribe.

8. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member