Light Grey wood effect with high grip / embossed / grain

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by Bananaman, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member

The tiles don’t look bad , can u get a better picture of the issue you picked up on

2. Bananaman

Bananaman Active Member

40m2 straight lay. 5m2 is hallway and the rest is open plan.

3. Bananaman

Bananaman Active Member

I will try with what I have left.

4. Bananaman

Bananaman Active Member

Take into account that I put these down as an end user, with no glue. I can see some lengths don't go straight and require a bit of nudging to get them close (which will no doubt push everything else out as you go across the width of the room?).

Also, will the left over glue swirls cause an issue / extra effort when relaying or will it be insignificant?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't look to bad at all
    Probably a bit of burr on the back where it's not quite cut through buts that's normal for Amtico

Looks like the wrong trowel size used
    Do you know what adhesive that is ?

6. Yiddo1982

Yiddo1982 Well-Known Member

Jeez that's a bigger notch than I use fitting marmoleum

7. Bananaman

Bananaman Active Member

Thanks. Amtico technical department sent out a free adhesive with fibres or something similar to help pull it together. Presumably that means amtico HT Extra but I wasn't around to see it.
    What impact would a larger trowel have? Given that he wanted to fit 40m2 in 2-3 hours I can only assume bigger meant quicker.

8. Spacey

Spacey Super Moderator Staff Member

No it doesn't it means wrong amount of adhesive applied and that's not Amtico HT extra HT extra is a pink coloured wet set adhesive Looks more like a Pressure sensitive to me which it's the wrong adhesive for woodplank I could be wrong but its worth finding out

9. Bananaman

Bananaman Active Member

Thanks, I did see some pink in one small area. He also cleaned the area but I couldn't tell you what it was like before. (see attached). I can confirm with Amtico technical department too as they have been helpful and know what is going on.

Attached Files:

10. Hawthornmag

Hawthornmag Member

11. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk