lvt clic job

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by tarkett85, Mar 8, 2012.

1. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Yay got 2 LVT clic jobs coming up, and finally got the samples from lifestyle floors will post up some pics when they're done and give my verdict.

2. tonycarpets

tonycarpets Member

Doing 34packs of some called adore touch. Made in Korea, not too fond of it but you fit it not too tight or you may be in trouble. Finnish with a sealent around the edges. Good luck!

3. Trimmer

Trimmer Well-Known Member

Did some of the Heuga Smartwood click planks today. only 4 packs but it was easy to work with.

4. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Easier then laminate then?

5. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

Loads Daz.

Especially in a hall way.

6. nevertrever2

nevertrever2 Well-Known Member

What size gap around the edges? 3mm enough?

7. Matt

grey area at moment as i have sent product off for testing.

What i can tell you is yes 3mm in a normal domestic heated property. Normal being keeping between 18-27c

But as we don't have 'normal' in the u.k and we could have say a conservatory that is -5c in winter and + 45c in summer im trying to find out just how much the product will move.

8. nevertrever2

nevertrever2 Well-Known Member

Ive got one coming up for next week in a conservatory concrete subfloor will i need any underlay?

9. Matt

nope.

10. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

Forgot to reply, pics didn't come out well but fits like a dream, so ive dropped tile effect laminate now just going to run these. Wish I could fit these everyday and forget about laminate, but some customers always know best.

11. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

So do you have to prep the floor 1st,
    plywood on floorboards Still?
    Screeding ?
    If yes then why use it over LVT

12. Matt

It all depends daz. If the subfloor is within building regs spec of SR1 /SR2 /SR3 then no you dont need to prep the subfloor with in reason.

Over floorborads it does not need preping either but all down to the condition! Its a difficult one.

LVT's in my option if the area allows for it. . BUT if the floor is wet or the the floor has contaminates or listed building then you can use the click product.

Like most products Daz, time and a place.