LVT fitting advice on gaps at skirts?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Jenny Kirk, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Jenny Kirk

Jenny Kirk Member

Flooring supplier say he does not work for them they just recommended him however they were the ones that gave us the price for the screed and fitting and also whom booked us in with him

2. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

We’re you lead to believe he worked for them or did they make it clear he was an independent installer?

3. Jenny Kirk

Jenny Kirk Member

They made it clear we would pay the fitter

4. HC&F

HC&F Well-Known Member

I think you’d struggle to have a case against the shop as they only supplied material. Although any decent outfit would want to help

5. Jenny Kirk

Jenny Kirk Member

Yes that is very true! I just wish they would admit that it’s a poor standard unless that is their standards ‍♀️

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Really poor from the supplier. Basically a crafty way of getting your sale without the biggest headache….Finding and managing a decent fitter!

7. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that's entirely true. By giving a recommendation they are giving tacit approval of the fitter and his ability. If they aren't approving of their work & capabilities they should absolutely clear about that and/or never have recommended him in the first place. Better still do a supply only and step away.

I think you may well have a case against them. Seek some legal advice or at least go to a Citizens Advice centre.

8. Blake Pidcock

Blake Pidcock Member

Ours is like this, sad times