My new Van

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by dazlight, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Lambchop

Lambchop Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice trimmer. My VW is 3 years old now and is often to small to carry the goods (did 170 motoway miles today and it goes like a train though), I am considering a new 2.4 350 LWB. Not had a Transit since the early 90's and that one was ace until I stacked it.

If it was just to cruise round in it would be the VW every time, no use if I want to move a full roll or several big cuts though.

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

LOL like it that got me had to check in the mirror and ask the misses are my eyes low on my face.

3. tedmaced

tedmaced Well-Known Member

i have been BROW sing this post

4. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

Ted! your puns are making me HILL.

5. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Picking my van up Saturday morning can't wait :lol: like a big kid I am. It's about 14 years since I drove a bigger van. You forget how high up you are.

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Nice one Daz well done but do remember it BIGGER when you try to squeeze into a gap, don't go pranging it take it easy for a couple of weeks before you unleash the stig in you.

7. Lambchop

Lambchop Well-Known Member

Is there a down side to this humor..

8. davejackbrown

davejackbrown Well-Known Member

looks nice mate hope goes well thanks dave

9. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

Got it. It's a right mess now as chucked all my gear back on in boxes. Need to get the racking sorted ASAP

10. tedmaced

what you have be careful of Daz, if it,s a bigger van ,can you get in your drive ok :lol:

11. bladerunner

bladerunner Well-Known Member

Thats a bit steep Lambchop

12. tedmaced

people say i need ALP

13. tedmaced

ANDES still on here ;)

14. VitoManiac

VitoManiac Well-Known Member

Hi Daz, I realise it's a bit late on here but I used 1" angle iron to do all the racking in my Vito. The benefits being that it's strong, easy to change around as and when you need to and any shelves etc can be cut from ply. I bolted all mine together initially and then welded the joints together once I'd settled on the layout I wanted. I'll send you a few pics if you like.

15. dazlight

dazlight Super Moderator

That would be great vito, I have done most of it now but would like to see yours to get any ideas