New Forum Setup - Bug reports and questions

Discussion in 'Site Problems' started by AdamH, May 11, 2015.

1. AdamH

AdamH Member Staff Member

Hi Guys,

As some of you were aware the forum was going through a little revamp, main reasons was to make the forum more secure but also to put us on a platform which is flexible and allows the forum to change and grow over the coming years with out being hindered by using seriously outdated software.

As with any new setup there will be bugs, or things you don't like......many things you will get used to very quickly but we will also try and make the transition as easy as possible which is why we created the design to look roughly like the last one just a little more polished.

If you see any bugs, have questions please post them in this thread, i will be working at resolving issues and concerns over the next week or so.

Most things are pretty standard, don't be scared to have a flick around. Key points is your user menu at top right of the navigation bar, thats where most of your features/settings will be located.

I will try and get back to all comments as soon as i possibly can but please bear with me if it takes half a day or so to respond, although it may show me as online there is alot of work to do behind the scenes.

Any issues which you would rather not post in public, feel free to start a "conversation" which is basically what they call private message on this setup.

2. AdamH

P.S When you all login you will have notifications about trophies etc, those will become apparent as you become familiar with the platform. Like wise first time you login you will see the "new posts" in the navigation will show 400+ unread messages, this is because the new system assumes none of you have visited before. Simply "mark forums as read" in the secondary navigation and from then on it will work as normal.

3. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Howdy, are you transferring any avatar and pictures across? Mine are gone :(

4. AdamH

How many pictures did you have in the gallery Jambo ? Some were lost but the majority should have been transferred. If its alot then ill close the forum again and check the logs in the morning.

5. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Ach probably only a dozen or so, its not a disaster. I'm showing as a new member or is that just because of the new format? I've just tried to load a new avatar but it didn't work, I'm gonna stick to flooring ;)

6. AdamH

Ok, ill look into whats not currently showing. There was some gallery images which were corrupt and beyond recovery so it could have been included in those. ( hence why we had to change platforms ) . The new Gallery setup however is extremely good.

The new member tag will be changed over the coming days, its just because we are on a new setup.

How did you try and upload an avatar ? It should be pretty straight forward. Top right - click on your name, in the menu click avatar and it should then give you the option to upload one.

If it doesnt let you , let me know as its obviously a setting which needs to be tweaked :)

7. RPB

RPB Super Moderator Staff Member

It's a lot harder to navigate I'm finding :-(

8. AdamH

Could you explain in what way your finding it harder ? I can try and change different aspects to suit and make it easier.

9. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

I prefer names rather than avatars to see who's online

10. AdamH

That can be arranged :)

11. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Yup, just tried it again and it wont load. I can browse the pc files and select the one I want but from that point it won't load.

12. AdamH

Just added your old one for you :) , if anyone else has any problems uploading avatars please let me know.

13. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

I can't find my pics/library

14. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member

Cheers, just noticed. As per Mario, where do we find our pics library

15. AdamH

The Albums currently are rebuilding the search index, although some images were lost i think most will be there. Check again in the morning and you should be able to see them in the media Gallery .

16. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

I've just clicked on one of my pics and that took me to my library

17. AdamH

Were all the pics in your library ? At the moment im rebuilding the search so its easier to find them

18. mjfl

mjfl Well-Known Member

put your curser over the media button just to the right hand side and a drop down box should appear, you should then see your albums..

19. ronbaldo

ronbaldo Well-Known Member

I cant seem to get logged in 2 my account where i am subscribed to the trade section. It says it cant find my username

The username is rfindlay88

20. AdamH

It looks like both the accounts all used the same email address which shouldnt have been allowed, As a result the new system has merged those accounts into the same one because the same email address can not be used for multiple accounts.

@Matt , whats what do you want to do about these accounts which were merged ? We could set up another account for Ronbaldo with another email of his choice and put it into the trade group ? The only problem would be the 20 posts which were previously on the other account would remain with the Ronbaldo account.