NVQ?

Discussion in 'NVQ/CSCS FLOORING ASSESSMENTS' started by BLINCO94, Aug 14, 2012.

1. BLINCO94

BLINCO94 Well-Known Member

Hey,

I want to do the NVQ, how would I go about doing it Matt?

Cheers,

Mike

2. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

The nvq 'full' funding ended on 1st August.

You can still do a onsite NVQ but you have to contribute £395.

To replace the NVQ (the onsite assessment) we now have a 'upskilling' course. Basically you get to come to the training center for FREE and get to do a range of courses up to 20 days worth. Along with this you get a FREE nvq + a tech certificate and FloorSkills certificates for each section / course completed. Even you hotel costs are included.

At the moment tho it seems that this is only available FREE for people employed or a LTD company.

Maybe best to call me on 07971199204 so i can talk you through how it all works.

3. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

Is this still available Matt ? Or should I just give you a call ?

Phil

4. Matt

give me a call. Its easier to talk through on phone.

5. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

Hi Matt. New user Paul here. I've been in the trade solidly for 20 years now, and i really would love something on paper to show my skills off. I am 3rd generation floorlayer, so was taught on the job by my grand father and father, so don't have any apprenticeship so to speak. Is the above mentioned NVQ 'upskilling' course for me? Thanks

6. Matt

Yep ! You need to be quick tho.

You will need to get yourself to Birmingham this weekend if you want to get on it. Either Friday / Saturday / Sunday.

ring me on 07971199204, if phone off leave message as i will be training. I will return your call.

7. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

Thanks Matt. I'm otherwise engaged this weekend completing our latest project at guys hospital London. I will call u next week to find out next available date.

8. Murray chisholm

Murray chisholm New Member

hi im wondering if this course will be on offer again. I live in scotland dundee recently left my job i was in for three years with floor coverings i wanted to gain qualfications but got let down. I am now self-employed looking to get some nvq. How do i go about this?

9. tarkett85

tarkett85 Well-Known Member

give matt a bell at floorskills mate.

10. Matt

01564 703 900. Ask for Dave or Matt. Best ring either Tuesday or wednesday.

11. Murray chisholm

Murray chisholm New Member

Thanks for the reply il be in touch Wednesday thanks
    Murray