Parquet Designs

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by admin1, Jan 15, 2011.

1. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Finally got round to upload some images to the pc from some of our latest projects:

Double Large Plait in Oak Prime (all individual strips):

[​IMG]

Nice little challenge for the boys: bay window where the pattern needed to mirror the ceiling alcoves:

[​IMG]

Then images sent to us by a client in Berkshire (who found/begged another company to buy one of our design tiles pattern and install it - think they did well):

[​IMG]

It's a very special design which our design parquet manufacturer copied from a drawing/image we'd seen a few years ago and which we baptised "Charing Basket". Anyone ever seen this pattern and knows its original name?

[​IMG]

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

That border work is amazing, Ive never seen a curved border in wood. Is it pre made or done on site?

3. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Done on site (and not with a templater ;-))

4. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Havwoods do a mosaic panel very similar called Grantham, difference is, there is border around the pattern

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Very good

6. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Your work, that is

7. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you can call this a true border? (Created this in Excel)

[​IMG]

8. merit

merit Well-Known Member

With the Havwoods panel it is the same design, but there is border around the panel

9. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I had a look at the catalogue I could find online and think the Corbin Crown resembles it most, that's also one without a border and where the edge strips end mitred.

Can't find an image of a floor in it though

Then again, a lot of patterns have different names in different countries or with different manufacturers.
    Think we stick to our own name: Charing Basket ;-)

10. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I havent got that one in my book, only corbin cross and like you say no picture of a floor. :|

11. apollo13

apollo13 New Member

Nice work wood you like. I used to love making & installing these types of floors and miss it dearly now. Your quality of work shows you like what you do. Can i guess the first pictures are 9-10mm square edge over ply? One of the largest suppliers in the UK for patterns and panels is Ted Todd (AKA Edwards Cheshire). I think i have come across you outside of this forum via Paul Gorman & Ed Rivis would i be correct? Keep up the great work.

12. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

HI apollo13 - you're right about the two marketing "guru's" ;-) learned a lot from them.

Normally we would install a pattern like this on Industrial grade mosaic (7-finger mosaic), only in this case it involved UFH which (on our recommendation) has a plywood subfloor. All of our Design Parquet patterns (and 6.2 - 10mm blocks) come from an independent parquet manufacturer in The Netherlands.