Parquet floor, but then a bit different

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by admin1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

2. merit

merit Well-Known Member

That is great, nice to see something different

3. SandyFloor

SandyFloor Well-Known Member

I really like that and it's unique.

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

I like that thas seriously cool and reminds me of the building blocks I had as a kid what fun that must've been installing or was it a nightmare.

5. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

He - Cyril, our client - said installing the blocks was the best reward he ever had after all the problems with trying to cut the blocks to the precise pattern. Went very smoothly - due to the accurate cutting of the blocks he managed to achieve in the end with his "factory line".

He was also very happy with the subfloor we recommended he would use: Industrial grade Oak mosaic (you can see this on the first picture).

6. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member Staff Member

looks very nice. Considering the installer has done this as a DIY job i think they have installed a very impressive floor.

Im confused about your last comment Woody, you adviced them to install Industrial grade Oak mosaic first? Or was that already down? not sure i understand what you mean.

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yeah Ive noticed you guys use the 5 finger parkett as subfloor prep, you must be getting some nice jobs :smile: I have trouble getting people to pay for one lot of wood flooring

8. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

The 7 finger Industrial grade Oak as sufbloor on a concrete floor before installing design parquet is a traditional Dutch/Belgium method.
    It gives you a very level and stable subfloor (think "engineered" - where every wood block of the final floor connects with at least 3 blocks of fingers), plus you can safely pin the wood blocks into the 8mm fingers to make sure the blocks are firmly pressed into the adhesive you use.
    See here for more info:
    http://manuals.woodyoulike.co.uk/spaces ... lid-floors

The price of Industrial grade 7 finger blocks cannot be compared to the same mosaic (7 or 5 fingers) in a Rustic or higher grade - it's around the price of quality plywood of 12mm ;-)
    http://www.woodyoulike.co.uk/shop/index ... ct=3361679

9. merit

merit Well-Known Member

I see, im getting my fingers and my grades mixed up :smile: Where do you get the 7 finger industrial grade ive not seen it before do you supply it?

10. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Sometimes it is quite handy to be of Dutch origin ;-) Design parquet manufacturer in The Netherlands supplies all we need for this. also 7 finger normal grades in Oak Rustic, Prime and many other wood-species.

(but be aware of the delivery charges - often it is really crazy what the prices mainland Europe to UK are compared by the other way around - specially goods around 30 kg! UK to The Netherlands around £ 25.00, The Netherlands to UK £ 125.00!)

11. admin1

admin1 Well-Known Member

Our manufacturer was also involved in the The New World Record for Parquet flooring being set 23/3/11:
    (Can't seem to get the youtube button working, just a link then):
    http://youtu.be/37dmurFhKr0