Plastic flooring

Discussion in 'Vinyl / Impervious floor coverings' started by merit, Aug 26, 2019.

1. merit

merit Well-Known Member

With all the plastic that’s going into floors now is it time the manufacturers offer a recycling option? More carpet and hard floors are being made out of plastic and as the manufacturer makes more money out of it, are they investing back in clearing it up when it’s discarded? Bit far out for some people I know but defo needs to be looked at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Paul webb

Paul webb Well-Known Member

Yeah when you look at all the fuss they make about carrier bags, then we cover our houses in the same sort of thing, then just dump it when we're done with it, recofloor recycle offcuts, not sure about old stuff though

3. Distinctive Adam

Distinctive Adam Well-Known Member

I do wonder how long the lvt market will get away with it tbf

4. d'Arcy

d'Arcy Well-Known Member

Well, let's face it, most of the LVT on the market is made from the bottles left over from my Dr. Pepper addiction that get air lifted to China and recycled...

5. merit

merit Well-Known Member

Yeah and all the golf balls I’ve smacked into the lake

6. AngryAndy

AngryAndy Well-Known Member

I thought those got sold back to you in the lake ball section of the pro shop;)

7. merit

merit Well-Known Member

To be honest they somehow end up in the garage down the road being sold cheap. I recon they jump on the course at night